Interest? BCC/GPI Hot-Stamped Solids (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoscowRadio

Flush
Reaction score
Hey guys. I was speaking with a few of the members earlier today about trying to get a BCC/GPI tournament set made and @BGinGA informed me that it might be possible to have some made using the ten colors that GPI allows. I thought that since the last real solid, hot-stamped chip group buy I saw take place was the Grand Cardrooms that maybe other people would be as interested as I am in a similar run.

I also thought that this could be a cool community project as there is no name for the chips yet, so if you could answer a couple of questions I would really appreciate it!

1. Would you be interested in this group buy?
  2. What would be your suggested name for these chips?
All of this is still very much up in the air as I don't even know the proper channels to go through to get these made, but I have no doubt that it could happen.

I've attached a render of the colors I thought were most suitable for their respective denominations, being T5-T5000.

If you have anything to add, please do, and thanks!

UPDATE 4/22: So I went ahead and mocked up some Four Suits hot stamps with the colors allowed and the stamp adhering to the size restrictions. I'd love to hear what you guys think. I feel as if they're missing something, but I can't really put my finger on it.

z1aawyTh.png

UPDATE 4/22: At the request of others, I made a mock-up that could possibly include the Four Suits logo. In order for this to work, given the size restrictions by GPI, the text would have to be linear instead of curved.

This was just a quick mock-up and the "no cash value" text would be changed to be closer to the rest of the text, but it does have to be there according to GPI. Please let me know what you guys think!

uPsG39zm.png

UPDATE: Here is another mock-up proposed by @BGinGA to put the logo on the opposite side of the chip.

e3R5qe7l.png

Last edited:
I would suggest asking of there is any interest in a 25k chip. (In would be) Especially if it comes down to 25k vs. the 5 chip. I might even buy some extra 25k just to add to my GCR's set.

I would suggest asking of there is any interest in a 25k chip. (In would be) Especially if it comes down to 25k vs. the 5 chip. I might even buy some extra 25k just to add to my GCR's set.

I’d be happy with either. We could swap the cranberry chip to a T25k chip if preferred. We could also maybe offer the antique white as the T25k to cover T5-T25k.

I’ve been debating all morning if the stamp could handle the details of that design and still allow a reasonable sized denomination.

I’ve seen some pretty intricate hot-stamps, but we could definitely do the logo on one side and the denomination on the other.

color chart is really too poor :(.

It’s really not far from the colors offered for the BCC GCRs. We are missing blaze orange, which would be awesome to have available.

How large would the logo have to be to be usable on a hot stamp? Just wondering if you could shrink the "Four Suits" and "Tournament" text, and replace the "dots" with the logo.

I could also make the text linear instead of curved around the chip. That would allow for more room for the logo.

And OP updated with one more mock-up! If necessary, we can set up a poll to vote on which anyone who is interested would like more. (y) :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom