Intact Inlay Removal (1 Viewer)

ktran

Flush
Reaction score
Is there a way to remove the inlay from a RHC (specifically Paradice $5s) without damaging the inlay. I was seeing if I could reuse the inlay on another chip.

Oh geez; I couldn't see how. Even just trying to get the laminate off would damage the inlay. Why not just go with printing new ones?

Oh geez; I couldn't see how. Even just trying to get the laminate off would damage the inlay. Why not just go with printing new ones?
They get pretty expensive when it comes to 400 chips. If it is possible, it would be real inlay too.

They get pretty expensive when it comes to 400 chips. If it is possible, it would be real inlay too.
The S&K’ $5’s I did there was no inlay left. They were a nightmare. The best chips I’ve murdered were Jack cinncy secondary $25’s and even the labels that pretty much popped off wouldn’t be reusable.

I have a hard enough time peeling stickers. No chance this is possible.
Low heat over time? Some type of adhesive removal that works its way behind the inlay? Ultrasonic pressure?

Only way I know is breaking the chip lol.

I have seen some chips where the laminate just "pops off" - maybe some of the JACK snappers (pink/green ones) ... but then the inlay is still there; a quick dab of NPR removes it, but then it's kinda destroyed.

Go with Gear or other sticker places like Sticker Mule if price is really concern.

Low heat over time? Some type of adhesive removal that works its way behind the inlay?

Only way I know is breaking the chip lol.
The inlay is held by compression, so yeah I think you’d have to break the chip to save the label. I think that might be considered heresy and result in a black listing. Lol

I have some Gear overlays on some chips, but have a question. Is it possible to remove and reuse those labels? Also so for future knowledge too.

I have some Gear overlays on some chips, but have a question. Is it possible to remove and reuse those labels? Also so for future knowledge too.

Not if they've cured. It becomes like a second skin. Sometimes you'll.pull off the laminate underneath it because the bond is so strong.

The inlay is held by compression, so yeah I think you’d have to break the chip to save the label. I think that might be considered heresy and result in a black listing. Lol
So those one off chips where the label peels off from the chip on one side is due to poor compression or natural elements? It would be nice if the scenario could be replicated if it is natural elements.

So those one off chips where the label peels off from the chip on one side is due to poor compression or natural elements? It would be nice if the scenario could be replicated if it is natural elements.
Yes, iv only seen that happen rarely used n older CPC chips, but never on mine. I suspect it's just very minor production flaws in the compression process.

Is there a way to remove the inlay from a RHC (specifically Paradice $5s) without damaging the inlay. I was seeing if I could reuse the inlay on another chip.
Not a chance on the Paradice chips, 0%, not happening. These are some of the most difficult chips to remove inlays from.

First you are going to want to get some tin snips and carefully cut away the surrounding clay material. Then you slice the 2 inlays down the middle lengthwise. Afterwords you can sand down the clay from the back and get the inlay. Just attach with a glue stick to the chip of your choice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom