Installing a portable AC unit in my Garage (1 Viewer)

Lancew09

Pair
Reaction score
I installed a 2nd AC unit in my garage - when I built my house a few years ago I installed a Mini Split AC unit for my wood shop. I didn't have plans on hosting Poker Night with 25+ players & hot pizza so the unit isn't big enough for my garage to keep up with the extra body heat. Texas has some hot summer months, and this budget friendly portable AC works perfectly to help cool down the other side of my garage for poker nights!

Here's my game thread, I've been hosting the game for a few years now - https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/building-2-new-tables-argyle-poker-night-thread.43334/

Hope you enjoy the video!

Good that you were able to buy one. When the temperature spiked above 40C (>104F) here in the Vancouver area earlier this summer, those things were sold out in hours and I haven't seen them in stock since.

Good that you were able to buy one. When the temperature spiked above 40C (>104F) here in the Vancouver area earlier this summer, those things were sold out in hours and I haven't seen them in stock since.
Dang, yeah - I heard the temps were outrageous up north this year. There everywhere down here in the south, at retail stores - Facebook market place is the way to go, more than 1/2 off of retal.

Nice set up! I’ve been thinking of transforming one of my garages to host as well. I don’t think I’d be able to do a split system as my HOA is so tight (AC condenser can’t be visible from the street) but that portable unit might do the trick!!

Nice video!
BTW - did you do a video on Tracker boats as well?

I installed a 2nd AC unit in my garage - when I built my house a few years ago I installed a Mini Split AC unit for my wood shop. I didn't have plans on hosting Poker Night with 25+ players & hot pizza so the unit isn't big enough for my garage to keep up with the extra body heat. Texas has some hot summer months, and this budget friendly portable AC works perfectly to help cool down the other side of my garage for poker nights!

Here's my game thread, I've been hosting the game for a few years now - https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/building-2-new-tables-argyle-poker-night-thread.43334/

Hope you enjoy the video!

Nice work with the video! I installed a mini split in our garage last year during the pandemic after I stayed working from home. It made such a huge difference.

I'm jealous of your garage workshop. You've got a great setup in there.

It looks like we have the same Rockwood popup as you, or at least a very similar model. How do you like yours so far?

Nice set up! I’ve been thinking of transforming one of my garages to host as well. I don’t think I’d be able to do a split system as my HOA is so tight (AC condenser can’t be visible from the street) but that portable unit might do the trick!!

Nice video!
BTW - did you do a video on Tracker boats as well?
Thanks, I put a L fence on the side of my house to hide my trash cans and behind that is the condenser, so it's hidden - I have an HOA that's the same. No, that wasn't me in the video.

Nice work with the video! I installed a mini split in our garage last year during the pandemic after I stayed working from home. It made such a huge difference.

I'm jealous of your garage workshop. You've got a great setup in there.

It looks like we have the same Rockwood popup as you, or at least a very similar model. How do you like yours so far?
Awesome, the mini split is worth every penny - especially if you install it yourself, there only like $1500.

We LOVE our pop up, we dry camp all winter long, I fly fish for trout all winter in Oklahoma. Check out my mods video - it took me a year to get my pup modified for our needs.

Thanks, I put a L fence on the side of my house to hide my trash cans and behind that is the condenser, so it's hidden - I have an HOA that's the same. No, that wasn't me in the video.
Nice - I’ll have to look into and see if could get away with that approach!!

Lance….

You have inspired me!

I watched your video before I even found this forum haha. Then I found you on here, and this thread…. I said it must be the universe telling me to do this, so…….

608075B7-9EFE-4A5E-BD3D-34D247AD592B.jpeg
BAD53601-DB4D-4D54-A8EA-E793AFCBC0B5.jpeg
1E3016BD-D6E8-44F7-B2A5-B6EF6F5BFF09.jpeg
C5454B8F-AB65-43CF-BCAC-1096B712810E.jpeg
D76538B3-7BF1-457A-BC2C-FAE4E133A1D7.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom