Insta hooked :D: (1 Viewer)

Welcome! Look around, ask questions, and most of all... prepare to say "auf Wiedersehen" to your money!

Haha :DD you probably have a point. I read a lot of desperate comments here... kind of scary.

Actually I just bought some EPT chips... strangely I could not stop looking for more chips since then. Now I'm dreaming of a nice Paulson set. Do you think I can get away with less than 1000€ for 300-500 pcs? For beginners ^^

This road looks flat now, but its an optical illusion. Its straight down into a bottomless pit. Run away now while you still have a few $$$.

AKA, welcome to PCF

Haha :DD you probably have a point. I read a lot of desperate comments here... kind of scary.

Actually I just bought some EPT chips... strangely I could not stop looking for more chips since then. Now I'm dreaming of a nice Paulson set. Do you think I can get away with less than 1000€ for 300-500 pcs? For beginners ^^
I would say average $1000 for a "set" what people class as a set can vary slightly, not alot but it does sometimes

Welcome. That budget can get you Paulsons, but probably not your pick of the litter (ones that are in high demand from many people). Definitely possible if you’re open to used Paulsons. Not sure what kind of additional taxes, customs fees you are subject to in Germany though. GLWS

Welcome. That budget can get you Paulsons, but probably not your pick of the litter (ones that are in high demand from many people). Definitely possible if you’re open to used Paulsons. Not sure what kind of additional taxes, customs fees you are subject to in Germany though. GLWS
The edge mark color of Paulson chips does not wear off, does it? Then I assume used chips are fine.

No they dont really, ive seen some that have been scrubbed away. Google for how clay chips are made and you will see they are more of an insert its not just paint

The edge mark color of Paulson chips does not wear off, does it? Then I assume used chips are fine.
Guessing you’re referring to edge spots (aka side paint)? If so, no they won’t wear off. Keep an eye out for an upcoming ChipRoom sale for Jack Cincinnati chips - there will likely be used chips available within your budget. New chips as well, but it might be cutting it close budget wise.

Welcome to the forum! Collecting chips can be expensive, but is an awesome hobby. You'll have the opportunity to interact with lots of great folks, and the poker is a plus!

Guessing you’re referring to edge spots (aka side paint)? If so, no they won’t wear off. Keep an eye out for an upcoming ChipRoom sale for Jack Cincinnati chips - there will likely be used chips available within your budget. New chips as well, but it might be cutting it close budget wise.

I have an eye on those. But I actually liked the Jack Detroit that were sold in October slightly more than Cincinatti... especially the 100$ o_O is there an upcoming sale on those? Rather not I guess.

Another question... what are possible reasons for a payment to be rejected? I read that there are sometimes strict rules for the breakdown (which of course makes a lot of sense). E.g. that the 25$'s cannot exceed 20% of the chip order. Are there other rules I should know?

Welcome! Happy to see the german part of the pcf grow. :love:

I guess the amount of money we 'save' due to the stronger currency flows directly into the shipping costs? :wtf: cant wait. Do you know if there are any costs due to customs (Zoll)?

I guess the amount of money we 'save' due to the stronger currency flows directly into the shipping costs? :wtf: cant wait. Do you know if there are any costs due to customs (Zoll)?

IF youre in Germany, do a search on the forum for import costs. Several threads about exorbitant import duties.

I have an eye on those. But I actually liked the Jack Detroit that were sold in October slightly more than Cincinatti... especially the 100$ o_O is there an upcoming sale on those? Rather not I guess.

Another question... what are possible reasons for a payment to be rejected? I read that there are sometimes strict rules for the breakdown (which of course makes a lot of sense). E.g. that the 25$'s cannot exceed 20% of the chip order. Are there other rules I should know?

The restrictions on quantities is only during the first hour of the ChipRoom sale, to give a large number of customers a chance at the different chips. After the hour, you can buy as many (that may remain) of any chip offered.

Jack Detroit was originally up for sale March of 2019, actually. Average market price for most chips have easily doubled since then, and some even more (with exception of $25Pri and $25GO).

The restrictions on quantities is only during the first hour of the ChipRoom sale, to give a large number of customers a chance at the different chips. After the hour, you can buy as many (that may remain) of any chip offered.
I understand this. There was just another comment during a sample set sale saying that his paypal transaction was accepted first and later rejected. I guess the reason for this was that there was simply no more sample sets left!?

Btw, thanks you guys for the welcoming atmosphere! :D

I’ve only been here for a few short weeks and went from almost buying a dice set of chips on Amazon to completing and purchasing 1,000 custom CPC chips and a custom felt from Tony. Your wallet will soon be crushed. I don’t regret it though.

Guys, what does 'dibs' sale mean... I read this a lot here. Speaking of 'lot', how many chips are in one lot?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom