Inlay question? (1 Viewer)

Wes

Sitting Out
Reaction score
First I want to say I don’t know the first thing about chips inlays or labeling. And sorry if this isn’t the correct place to post.
I have a fairly decent size set of 98 CDIs. I’ve been looking to add to that set specifically $25s and it seems like it’s going to be a problem finding a sufficient amount.
Here’s my question I have a large number of these lighter green chips that I actually prefer over the CDI color-ways. Is it possible to get a replica CDI $25 inlay put into these chips? If so would it even be cheaper than holding out and finding actual CDI $25s?
I’m completely lost in this subject so any help or suggestions are appreciated....
514C1F99-2493-4249-B215-CE1EF820DE0A.jpeg

Possible to replace your APSC inlays with CdIC $25 laminated labels? Absolutely. Cheaper than finding actual CdIC $25 chips? Maybe; it depends on how much of the replacement work you do yourself vs having it done by a professional. Add in the possibility of selling the APSC chips to offset the cost of buying CdICs, and it's probably cheaper in the long run to find original chips to fill out your set. They aren't that hard to find, and aren't really that expensive.

Possible to replace your APSC inlays with CdIC $25 laminated labels? Absolutely. Cheaper than finding actual CdIC $25 chips? Maybe; it depends on how much of the replacement work you do yourself vs having it done by a professional. Add in the possibility of selling the APSC chips to offset the cost of buying CdICs, and it's probably cheaper in the long run to find original chips to fill out your set. They aren't that hard to find, and aren't really that expensive.
Thanks for the info. I have been considering selling these to buy more CDIs. Then I was browsing through the forums and found the labeling section. Then I started considering selling the $25 CDIs I do have and labeling these since I have so much more of the apsc chips. If I were to send the apsc chipsto a professional as they are now. What would I be paying approximately? A little searching on this site it seems it would be about $2 per chip. Is this correct?

you should be able to find some 25s. infact i think i have a couple barrels i could sell to you. it would be a little while as i am out on a ship. i should be home in about a month. if you are still looking send me a pm in May.

Reactions: Wes
If I were to send the apsc chips to a professional as they are now. What would I be paying approximately? A little searching on this site it seems it would be about $2 per chip. Is this correct?
Yeah, that's about right, maybe a bit high. Inlay replacement is around $1 per chip, and laminated shaped labels should be around 30c/chip (15c x 2). Cheaper if you can remove the inlays (and apply the new labels yourself), but it's typically hardest with shaped inlays on older leaded chips with textured inlays (like yours). Worth it to me to pay the pros. :)

And you can sell your CdIC $25s to pay for the service. Prolly the best approach if you have enough of the APSCs and like 'em better anyway. :tup:

@Gear is the guy you want to contact. He's busy, but worth the wait.

Be patient. There are extra CDI $25s around. In the grand scheme of things, they won't cost very much compared to the time and expense to get a set of chips professionally relabeled with inlay replacement.
If you sold the $25s you have in hand, I'm pretty sure you can get some good coin for that, and get enough of the CDI $25s you want and then some.

Be patient. There are extra CDI $25s around. In the grand scheme of things, they won't cost very much compared to the time and expense to get a set of chips professionally relabeled with inlay replacement.
If you sold the $25s you have in hand, I'm pretty sure you can get some good coin for that, and get enough of the CDI $25s you want and then some.

Yeah it seems I can get the amount of CDI $25s I want. I was just curious if it was even possible to inlay these light greens like the CDI $25s. I’m not even sure what type of Paulsons the light green are are (just complete custom?), or the time period they were made, but I have 500 of these light green chips compared to a little over 100 CDIs. I prefer the light green color over the darker green CDIs, and prefer the edge spots, and just like the fact I haven’t seen any Paulsons like this before

@Gear would be the man to go to for a full appropriate replacement. He's an artist!

Love the chip tho!

Reactions: Wes
500! All in great condition? That's a tiny treasure hoard!

Seriously, though, it may take quite some doing to remove and replace a shaped inlay. I've not done it, myself.

you should be able to find some 25s. infact i think i have a couple barrels i could sell to you. it would be a little while as i am out on a ship. i should be home in about a month. if you are still looking send me a pm in May.

What chip sets do you have on your ship?

I haven’t done much digging but these are the most similar I have seen to the ones I have. Any idea when these are from or what model?
I suspect that A.P.S.C. is an abbreviation for A. P. Social Club, and possibly A. Poker Social Club. Those would be good starts for your search, but the "A" could be nearly anything -- city, state, a type of duck (Alabio?), who knows. The S.C. might also stand for Shooting Club or Shooting Center.

One thing you can depend on, however -- if you have 500 greens, there are a bunch more out there in other colors, and probably also with shaped inlays.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom