Inlay/ label help (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Hey guys. I’m working with @p5woody on a label/inlay design. For now, it’ll go on some custom Chipcos from @ABC Gifts and Awards

The design is a take off my alma mater, Brown University’s nickname, Bruno. Their mascot is obviously a bear and their colors are brown, white, and red.

His latest design, on the black background uses a bright blue which really pops, but doesn’t match the school colors. But I like it.

What do you think? Stay with tradition, or go way outside the box?

The bear comes up more natural and better in upper white background option. The problem for me in lower one is that when the background is darker than the object, it does not come up as it is artistically planned to be. You can see the same problem with this sketch that I have made. So +1 for the white background from me. :tup:

Based on the artwork alone, I prefer the traditional setup. A bit tougher to judge without the context of the actual chip being included.

Thanks for your help guys. I think I agree with the traditional colors but also like the idea of the black background. How about these? Again, thanks to @p5woody for doing some magic.

Still prefer the white, but out of the black backgrounds, I prefer option #2 (light brown bear color)

I like the middle one! It would be very helpful to know what the chip will look like - if you are going with the stock chipco sale - as you’d want to design the inlay around the chip.

If you’re going full custom - carry on.

I googled the Brown bear and it seems everything is brown (perhaps unsurprisingly). After seeing the rugby logo, I think this would be cool for a chip. Bruno's Poker?

Sorry - not much help, I know.

I like the middle one above on black background. These would look cool on CPC B-mold too!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom