Flush
Reaction score
Thoughts on inlay alignment.

Dangit ... can't update Poll options.

So I guess ..

Top = Top
Bottom = Middle (Lol)
Random = Random

Leaning middle, with Denom value from labels aligned into open space.

Or should they align with edge spots?

The mission is almost complete, lol.

Attachments

• 20210323_190755.jpg
    20210323_190755.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
I think we call this “aligned inlays” - edge spot alignment is an issue with ceramic chips.
But my opinion would be neither. Just slap them on and embrace the randomness. Because they look fine that way, the majority of poker chips don’t have aligned inlays, and no matter how hard you try, you’ll never have them all aligned perfectly.

I would normally agree with @upNdown here (besides certain sets like @WhiteMamba1646's AS-Havana's), but due to your denomination placement, I like specific alignment best here.

I would go with the bottom option for the frac (assuming it is the white Jack chip) and the rest of them with the top row options.

Edit - I missed his post, but I would definitely do what @TheDuke recommended as well, even if you do not press down fully until your decided.

Cut the label out without pulling off the back to see what it would look like before applying. I’ve done both on different sets but prefer the random orientation over systematic alignment. To each their own though - your set your rules! :p

Die-hard fan of inlay alignment here, which ONLY CPC offers; not Paulson.:)
Either alignment would be fine with me, with the exception of the black chip, which in my world HAS to have "horizontal" edge spots, so I voted top for its sake.:)

Tried to update ... and while there will be a completion thank you, this also feels like a great time to say THANK YOU @Gear

I would normally agree with @upNdown here (besides certain sets like @WhiteMamba1646's AS-Havana's), but due to your denomination placement, I like specific alignment best here.

I would go with the bottom option for the frac (assuming it is the white Jack chip) and the rest of them with the top row options.

Edit - I missed his post, but I would definitely do what @TheDuke recommended as well, even if you do not press down fully until your decided.
Just roughly cut them out and laid into place ... more confused than ever!

With the new pics, I've got to say they all look great regardless of orientation.

I say just slap them on randomly. Save yourself alot of time and they'll look great no matter what.

Very nice inlay design btw!

Thoughts on inlay alignment.

Dangit ... can't update Poll options.

So I guess ..

Top = Top
Bottom = Middle (Lol)
Random = Random

Leaning middle, with Denom value from labels aligned into open space.

Or should they align with edge spots?

The mission is almost complete, lol.
if not doing random, Top version on obverse and middle version on the reverse.

To complicate things further ... the flip side is a matched logo. Although I'll likely just follow whatever we go with.

Attachments

• 20210323_202213.jpg
    20210323_202213.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 79
With just a little bit of practice, it doesn't take long to orient the chips to the edge spots or mold patterns however you like. Find one or two reference points on your label that you use as the anchor.

I tend to prefer aligned, but as a practical matter if one is applying these by hand, it is really really hard to get them perfectly aligned, every time, on both sides, across a large set.

And a label/inlay that is very slightly misaligned for me is much worse than random. The eye just keeps wanting to rotate it juusst a bit. Annoying.

Not to mention the amount of added time aligning can take, even with tons of repetitive practice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom