Ink Stamped Chips (1 Viewer)

Meddler2

Full House
Reaction score
I've been thinking about trying this for a long while....found myself in Michaels today so picked up a permanent ink stamp pad and rubber stamp kit w 0-9 for under $20.

Not perfect but very easy and fast. Took less than 5 minutes to stamp these 25 sample chips on both sides. Not sure about dry time yet so I'll probably wait until later tonight or tomorrow before handling.

If all goes well, could be a much easier and less expensive alternative to labels or hotstamping.
20170920_152638.jpg

Looks pretty good. Interested to see how these hold up after several sessions' worth of play.

Yeah me too. I don't have a full set to experiment with yet but if someone wants to donate 500 blanks....

I've done it with gold StazOn on China clay spirit mold blanks. Not a lot of use, but it seems to be holding up ok. There did seem to be some initial loss -- could occasionally see some "gold dust" on the table -- but that has subsided. If I was going to do it again, I'd do a better job of getting enough ink on the chips. I was too worried about dripping and blobs and sometimes the stamp is too faint.

it seems to be better on the BCC then china clays...I think because the american clay chips are more porous then the cc.

These look good! I'm thinking of ink stamping (cold stamping) my chips as well. I'm curious how long before it wears out, and how hard it is to remove-and-restamp when necessary.

Comes off easily with nail polish remover. I rubbed the stamp as hard as I could several times and it didn't fade.

Had bought some cheap diamond chips from the bay, and found this thread. Bought some stamps from Michaels @ 50% off (8.99+tax out the door) and some black stazon ink from joanns with 40% off coupon (5.99+tax out the door). Just starting to get them done now, and doing them in smaller batches, as I tried to do a big batch with the $1s, and it is just too many to do at a time for me.
chips.jpeg
chips2.jpeg

I doing this! Waiting on my stamps. I also got some 35mm stamps to throw on a makeshift pattern

I know this is an old thread, and not to rain on anyone's parade (and @Chipman22 you may not have the same kind of access to Pat's services as someone in the States), but now that we have a very affordable and reliable hot stamper in our community, sending a PM to @AK Chip to discuss a genuine stamping option would be the best way to go.

Pat does great work, provides great communication, and offers a very fair price for his stamping services.

Just my 2 cents.

I did the same thing a few years back to create a pink chip set. Bought a bunch of Super Diamonds and got a custom permanent ink stamp made up to match my custom labelled cash & tourney sets
Pink chip closeup.jpg

Pink chips.jpg

I doing this! Waiting on my stamps. I also got some 35mm stamps to throw on a makeshift pattern
Looking forward on the outcome! Due to Corona it's a good time to experiment at home :)

I did the same thing a few years back to create a pink chip set. Bought a bunch of Super Diamonds and got a custom permanent ink stamp made up to match my custom labelled cash & tourney sets
View attachment 423958

View attachment 423959
Nice. Did you bring these in play? Did you think about stamping them with golden Ink?

Here's the reds

Attachments

• IMG_20200314_163606_1.jpg
    IMG_20200314_163606_1.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 180
Nice. Did you bring these in play? Did you think about stamping them with golden Ink?

They got a few games, but my buddies aren't big fans of limit games. I never tried for gold, I wasn't looking to emulate a hotstamp more just personalise the Super Diamonds and make sure no one can slip their own chips in if they get wider use

I know this is an old thread, and not to rain on anyone's parade (and @Chipman22 you may not have the same kind of access to Pat's services as someone in the States), but now that we have a very affordable and reliable hot stamper in our community, sending a PM to @AK Chip to discuss a genuine stamping option would be the best way to go.

Pat does great work, provides great communication, and offers a very fair price for his stamping services.

Just my 2 cents.

I do like the idea of hot stamps, but I think if one is considering an ink stamp option, it's because the chips aren't of high enough quality for hot stamping.

Had bought some cheap diamond chips from the bay, and found this thread. Bought some stamps from Michaels @ 50% off (8.99+tax out the door) and some black stazon ink from joanns with 40% off coupon (5.99+tax out the door). Just starting to get them done now, and doing them in smaller batches, as I tried to do a big batch with the $1s, and it is just too many to do at a time for me.View attachment 153436 View attachment 153438
Tried this but the ink does not dry....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom