Infinity Club Tourney Set - Mockups and advice. (1 Viewer)

buzzmonkey

Flush
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I ordered a customer ceramic set from BR Pro during the big sale at the end of last year. I was working with a designer on mockups and thought I'd seek some feedback.

My original plan
I've always loved the idea of a set of solids for a tourney set. However I knew I'd go Ceramic so wanted to take advantage of some of the shading options to help them stand out and provide some edge spots that remain true to the base color. I'm planning a T100 set with a common starting stack of 20k for up to 30 players.

Denoms:
100 x 305
500 x 185
1000 x 370
5000 x 90
25,000 x 50

Current Status
I've been working with a member to come up with designs. I haven't heard from him since late December, but I'm figuring they may have some stuff going on. I haven't paid for art yet, but we're been approaching the home stretch. The current mockups have a small amount of contrasting color which I'm on the fence about but am planning to get mockups of once the art is completed.

Latest Mockups Attached

I appreciate any thoughts or feedback. I'm also not sure if I should start courting other artists in the event my current one doesn't respond. It's been almost two months. :(

Attachments

• INFINITY-CERAMICS-v5.png
    INFINITY-CERAMICS-v5.png
    837.2 KB · Views: 122
  • INFINITY-CERAMICS-v5-3D-25000.png
    INFINITY-CERAMICS-v5-3D-25000.png
    196.8 KB · Views: 125
  • INFINITY-CERAMICS-v5-BOUNTY.png
    INFINITY-CERAMICS-v5-BOUNTY.png
    315.1 KB · Views: 123
I'm not sure I like the crumpled paper look on a sleek, modern design, especially on a ceramic.

I don't think the progressive color transfer from one chip to the next works with the base colors except for the t500 where I like the yellow on lilac.

Just my 2ct on the matter. ;)

I'm not sure I like the crumpled paper look on a sleek, modern design, especially on a ceramic.

I don't think the progressive color transfer from one chip to the next works with the base colors except for the t500 where I like the yellow on lilac.

Just my 2ct on the matter. ;)
Graphically it's more of a marble look, but I do worry about how it will looks on a printed chip at lower rez. Prototypes are certainly happening before the full run.
I'm also on the fence about the colored dots, but again wanted to see how they look on prototypes before abandoning them.

I don't hate them per se, but I don't see the need to have them represent the base color of the next chip in line.
Never seen this on any clay chips either. That being said, more than one color on the chips can definitely improve the look if done right.

Prototypes came in. My early thoughts.
  • I moved away from the colored circles on the face and went with shades of the base colors instead.
  • I really like the vibrant colors. I think there's enough separation between the 100 and 500 and between the 1k and 5k so there won't be confusion.
  • The 1k needs an outline around the text. Its visible up close but doesn't stand out enough.
  • The marble effect looks too much like dirt and I think distracts from the logo. I think I'm going to get rid of it.
  • The Bounty will be oversized. I went with a subtle Highlander theme with the bottom text and McLeod tartan.
Any feedback or criticism is certainly welcomed. :)
20210315_153952.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom