Inexpensive chair options (2 Viewers)

Just wondering best options for chairs - would like to keep cost down but still comfortable enough for a 5 hour session. Appreciate thoughts, thanks!
If you aren't in any hurry - wait for some Gasser chairs to come to market on FB or MyList (CraigsList). This is the proper way. Their 4 inches of foam on the seat is so much better than the 1 or 2 inches you get with regular stacking banquet chairs.

If you need seating now, I'd grab whatever I could on the cheap while continuing to look on CL weekly.

If you aren't in any hurry - wait for some Gasser chairs to come to market on FB or MyList (CraigsList). This is the proper way. Their 4 inches of foam on the seat is so much better than the 1 or 2 inches you get with regular stacking banquet chairs.

If you need seating now, I'd grab whatever I could on the cheap while continuing to look on CL weekly.
What search terms would you recommend to find these?

I saw someone mentioned affordable good quality chairs being ordered from Staples

What search terms would you recommend to find these?
Gasser or Banquet chair or stacking chair

You'll get a lot of noise, but a lot of the time people don't realize the quality they have when listing them

If you are in a hurry the $20 stacking chairs at Sam’s Club/Costco are okay. But there aren’t great by any means. Padding isn’t think and they are rigid backed.

As Craig said, search for Gasser by using stacking or banquet chairs as your search terms.

I have 16 of them that I paid $10 each for!

If you are in a hurry the $20 stacking chairs at Sam’s Club/Costco are okay. But there aren’t great by any means. Padding isn’t think and they are rigid backed.

As Craig said, search for Gasser by using stacking or banquet chairs as your search terms.

I have 16 of them that I paid $10 each for!
I picked up 20 for $15 each.

So deals do pop up from time to time

If you can get to New Jersey there is a seller who has a ton of banquet chairs but local pickup only. Quick search on eBay you will find a ton of options.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/hsh/d/lawrenceville-100-chairs/7265095581.html

This is more in your neighborhood. Call them and see if you can buy only however many you want
totally appreciate the search, the problem is the color. I know silly but I have a custom table being made and I have a color scheme going so I am actually looking for a light/grey chair banquet style type chair. I have time since the table hasnt arrived but just want something comfortable, currently borrowing a friends table that is being moved around when people host.

totally appreciate the search, the problem is the color. I know silly but I have a custom table being made and I have a color scheme going so I am actually looking for a light/grey chair banquet style type chair. I have time since the table hasnt arrived but just want something comfortable, currently borrowing a friends table that is being moved around when people host.
https://www.restaurantfurniture4les...1_configColor=Herringbone Fabric/Silver Frame check these out

Reactions: hex
@Chris Flynn
I grabbed a bunch of chairs on Craiglist a couple years ago from the Edina school district. Paid $3 each. Just standard stacking chairs, but they work great.

That's where I would watch for a deal on good chairs. Offices get rid of stuff all the time. I'm guessing perhaps now more than ever.

Attachments

• D59C025F-C9AA-4791-9D5F-286D1A63BBEA.jpeg
    D59C025F-C9AA-4791-9D5F-286D1A63BBEA.jpeg
    146.9 KB · Views: 180
  • C99BA114-4CE0-4D72-83FA-837ECDC4D606.jpeg
    C99BA114-4CE0-4D72-83FA-837ECDC4D606.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 168
While you patiently hunt Gassers, can't go wrong as far as price is concerned for new chairs with the numerous options at BizChair.

Stackable banquet chairs: https://www.bizchair.com/all-banquet-stack-chairs/

Stackable church chairs: https://www.bizchair.com/stack-chairs-church-chairs/

I went with the latter, thanks largely to @Seeking Alpha Social Club's strong endorsement and he was right. If you consider them -- also depends on the size of your table -- recommend the wide versions with 4-inch padding. I grabbed the 20.5-inch wide chair with 4-inch padding chair for my table, which measures 108 x 44. Fits perfectly, players have plenty of space and they sit comfortably for long sessions. Haven't heard one complaint.

IMG_5203.JPG

I was looking at those actually and even already priced out 10, as soon as I get the table here I can try to decide what I want.
Did you ever pick up.chairs? Guy in SC is selling gasser on eBay for.$15 a pop. Not sure how far it is from you, but they are.lighter in color. Cushions and fabric in good condition, legs a bit scratched but I'm pumped about mine I picked up today
20210227_145107.jpg
20210227_145100.jpg

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/st...anquet-chairs-set-of-4/3300522?skuId=47187832

I went with these. Were on sale for $31.xx each. Haven’t actually got to play a game with them yet as I’m waiting on my first “real” poker table. But the quality of the chairs seems great and they seem like they’ll be comfortable after sitting in them for maybe 10 minutes. Their firm at first but mold to you pretty quickly.

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/st...anquet-chairs-set-of-4/3300522?skuId=47187832

I went with these. Were on sale for $31.xx each. Haven’t actually got to play a game with them yet as I’m waiting on my first “real” poker table. But the quality of the chairs seems great and they seem like they’ll be comfortable after sitting in them for maybe 10 minutes. Their firm at first but mold to you pretty quickly.
They are good chairs. We played last weekend for 7 hours and I never thought about the chair once. I have fabric, not vinyl but same chair

Got mine from here. Not the greatest, but plenty comfortable, stackable and $25 each.

LINK
Thinking of buying these. Curious as to specifically what makes them “not the greatest”. Comfortable, stackable, and $25 each sounds great to me. What drawbacks did you notice?
For reference I am looking for chairs when we play in garage. Main concern is comfort and durability. Thanks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom