Indiana Grand Microstakes set (mockup) (1 Viewer)

staggs

Two Pair
Reaction score
I made plans to over-label some IG chips. what do ya think?
ig mockup.png

Inlay replacement is superior to overlabel, when considering quality of finished product.
so I've done inlay replacement with great success. I was leaning towards over label for these. Are they really that bad?

so I've done inlay replacement with great success. I was leaning towards over label for these. Are they really that bad?

No, and I didn't mean to imply that overlabels are bad. It's just that inlay replacement is still superior.

Some people mistakenly think that overlabel always allows for preservation of the inlay integrity if removed in the future. I can tell you from experience that a not-insignificant % of the protective laminate will be removed with the overlabel, which leaves you with a damaged original chip.

No, and I didn't mean to imply that overlabels are bad. It's just that inlay replacement is still superior.

Some people mistakenly think that overlabel always allows for preservation of the inlay integrity if removed in the future. I can tell you from experience that a not-insignificant % of the protective laminate will be removed with the overlabel, which leaves you with a damaged original chip.
Good point, I didn't even consider that.

Cle Horseshoe also has a black bearclaw chip these IG $5s need paired with

I can tell you from experience that a not-insignificant % of the protective laminate will be removed with the overlabel, which leaves you with a damaged original chip.
I can 100% second this fact. I’ve damaged a few chips while performing removal of overlabel.

And I also agree, inlay replacement nets superior results in sound and feel category.

I can see the uses of overlabel though. I’m presently working on an overlabel frac project so I’m actually also a hypocrite.

If you are going to put new inlays on these why not design a better looking inlay and do all the chips?

If you are going to put new inlays on these why not design a better looking inlay and do all the chips?
I'll only have 200 chips to label instead of 600. Also, I really like the Indiana grand labels.

I plan on eventually getting custom CPC chips with my own label design. until then, these IG chips will do

I'll only have 200 chips to label instead of 600. Also, I really like the Indiana grand labels.

I plan on eventually getting custom CPC chips with my own label design. until then, these IG chips will do

Both valid points!

...I plan on eventually getting custom CPC chips with my own label design. until then, these IG chips will do
I hear that @staggs

• Have you considered making IG-themed CPC quarters?
DETAILS
I also have a large set of IGs, play small stakes AND have spent way too much time on the CPC design tool. Designing a full set is creatively daunting and every time I think about buying additional $1-or-higher denomination chips, I look over at my cases of IGs and question my life decisions. We've been getting by just fine w/ denomination swaps (e.g. $25 -> 25c) but...

Lately I've been thinking about getting IG-themed dimes and quarters from CPC. Below is my latest mock-up.
IG_Micro_Mockup.png

I'm loving the colors and edge spot patterns -- the 10c is inspired by the Athenian Owl Club 10 -- the 25c is inspired by the Paradise Los Angeles $25 and others including many of the fantasy sets. But I'm just starting to explore what's possible with the artwork when I color-match the outside of the inlay to the body of the chip, just like the IG chip designers did.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom