Indian River Card Room (1 Viewer)

123brandon

Sitting Out
Reaction score
This is not the finished product. I am just looking for some feed back. As far as the edge spots go I am torn between leaving them all with just one for a minimalist look and save money or add some more to stay with the classic look. I am also torn between the standard of red for a 5 or going with blue. I really like the blue. The last thing bothering my ocd is that all the chips have wildlife on them except the 500 which has palms. Im over thinking this right. Lol. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• EF09DE4A-78F6-425C-9D3B-72F5F781B8A3.png
    EF09DE4A-78F6-425C-9D3B-72F5F781B8A3.png
    246.4 KB · Views: 204
I kinda like the one spot look…it’s different! But I’m not sure a manatee aligns with Indian river.

I haven’t personally seen spots like this. If I were to do it, I think it would be cool if the inlays were NOT aligned. Something about the same position would tilt me - not sure how to explain why though.

Agreed - I’d find an animal for the 500

Argument for the blue 5 is that it helps you avoid a red chip next to a red spot on the 25 (next chip up in the progression)

Good luck and have fun!

Pick the colours for the base denoms however you like, as long as the denom is very clear. Consider alternating light-dark to maximize contrast between chips of adjacent denoms.

Same spot pattern for all chips is OK, but a single 1/4" spot looks a little lonely. Try a classic simple 2, 3 or 4 spot pattern.

Don't get it personal but it's a bit boring.. I know it's your chips but they could use a litle flair.

Don't get it personal but it's a bit boring.. I know it's your chips but they could use a litle flair.
I agree they are a lil boring. edge spots should help. What else could I do on the inlay without making it too busy

On spots:

All of these spots are the same price.
77F962ED-309E-46BE-BF5F-479658B6D0BA.jpeg

The 114 is interesting, and I agree with @Ethan that a random inlay alignment would be a great match.

You can get a lot of variety by going plain, 114, 214, 214, 314, 314. Others and I have created sets entirely of 314 & 312- both a classic pattern.

I like the theme you have going and agree the trees need to be an animal.

The aligator/croc should move to the pink and find a red animal to goon the green chip as all the other animals match the spot.

I like minamalist/streamlined what-have-you, but the single spot makes me crazy. My latent OCD can't handle it. As well as one of the benefits of the spots is to be able to quickly count up stacks and help differentiate between denoms especially in low light settings. With a single spot there would be great chunks of your stacks without.

What about this. It does add 414 (L2) to your range (I took the liberty of changing the 1 and 5 since everything else seemed to be following the traditional color progression, and changed the spot on the 5):

Indian River suggestion.png

On the inlay:

Something to play with, and it may not work, but do you need the whole animal? Could you use most of a croc snout, the head and beak of the bird, a manatee’s chubby face in some way- perhaps even an outline in shaded form? The chip inlays are small, some are textured, and held at arms length, they may loose detail and be hard to see. Focusing on the key features might allow you to make better use of the space and get a better emotional experience.

Thank you everyone for your responses. I abandoned the first design and am trying out this water color style with mostly the same animals. I would like any input on this new revision and also tell me how you can’t see the crab on the 500s :). Thank you

Attachments

• 47452CE4-770A-46C9-9FAF-E52B0BE9A39E.jpeg
    47452CE4-770A-46C9-9FAF-E52B0BE9A39E.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 50
I like the colors on the inlay. I can’t get a sense of how they’ll turnout when pressed.

BTW, how are you attaching the file? It’s hard to see. You can attach a photo so it shows up bigger.

I like the colors on the inlay. I can’t get a sense of how they’ll turnout when pressed.

BTW, how are you attaching the file? It’s hard to see. You can attach a photo so it shows up bigger.
I attached the photo from google chrome on my iPhone. I can try and upload from the laptop when I get home.

I attached the photo from google chrome on my iPhone. I can try and upload from the laptop when I get home.
Interesting. Do you upload as an image or a file? When I hit the photo icon above and pick one from my Photo library, it shows up like this:
91027974-759F-4296-BEC6-F6C9DDC29E43.jpeg

Can’t see it, but it makes sense if you’re hitting upload file- it shows up differently.

312 looks a lot better.

By "classic" look do you mean old school? If that's the case the inlay images look too modern to me.

How about black retro lavender spots. Make sure you get color samples as the chip design tool colours vary on different monitors.

PXL_20220504_221648991.jpg

Samples…. :)

I found DG Yellow to be a bit underwhelming when used as a base color. If you’re going old school, try Yellow. If not, try DG Arc Yellow or DG Peach.

I’d also recommend playing with other spot colors on the green chip to dial back the white. I’m not a green chip fan, so I don’t have any suggestions, but the Chip DB and Chip Guide search/filter functions are a great idea resource.

F897250F-DF74-4117-A4DA-90EE8F059C1A.jpeg

Here’s an idea for the bird. FL SR 44 @ Indian River. IMO the words card room are unnecessary. That space could be used to make the denomination larger or the script, Indian River larger or both. Love your project, myself I was thinking about a Smyrna Yacht Club set.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom