In a funk, need some cheering up (1 Viewer)

inca911

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Today I sold one of my tables to gain some room in the basement. It was an old Junell racetrack design that I built using internet plans when getting more into poker about 20 years ago. With the extra room, I moved some furniture around and started feeling a bit bummed with the realization that very little of my/our poker stuff is getting used. The latest C19 surge means there are essentially no games until February at the earliest. I miss my friends and the comradeship of getting together. I doubt I’m the only one with these feelings, so I’m asking folks to post some fun chipping memories to pass the time. Thanks to everyone for the help and the pick me up! It’s good to have good friends to lend a hand in tough times.

815E5A71-2B52-461F-BE57-1DBBFDEFA1CF.jpeg

I've been feeling the same way. I think a lot of people are feeling this way. Covid is not going to last forever. After it's over the wait won't feel as long, and all of us will be so appreciative of the chance to be with friends again. Hang in there!!

You're not alone here. I still feel sick to my stomach with the thought that my tournament last week was the last game I'll host or attend this year, and possibly a bit beyond that. Although I acknowledge that I'm in the privileged position of being one of the first that will probably get a vaccine, it's going to be several months from the time it first comes to market until a good chunk of the population will be able to receive it. Things aren't going to be totally back to normal until at least this time next year at the earliest. That said, I wouldn't rule out safe, mask free PCF meetups by this coming summer.

Here's a nice story. My first home game I attended outside of the bubble of my own high school regular group was just earlier this year at @Irish 's place. I finished 6th or 7th out of a field of about 15 players and saw for the first time that I could hit a bit above of what my self-perceived weight class is in terms of poker playing.

I was actually doing really well that tournament. I was up to 2nd or 3rd highest stack at the final table when I woke up to pocket kings in the small blind. I shoved all in preflop with a little over 15 BB's. @Irish was the only one to call in the cut off with 9's. Flop went something like J 7 Q. Turn was a 10, and you guessed it, the river was an 8. I I had @Irish covered by just a but but I was out a few hands later.

I was playing at his place again a couple weeks ago and then this happens:

20201030_220006.jpg

I flop middle set and shove all in with my 10 BB stack early on. @Irish snap calls and he shows me the bad news. I runner runnered a boat and I stayed alive enough to cash the tournament in the end. We are officially even after those two coolers now :D

This game has turned into a somewhat regular PCF meetup game with @Irish hosting, and @Phish1321 , @CantSpellPoker , @sgago84 , @Nuhockey , @LordEpyon , and @theewpice rotating in any given night.

I'm really sad that I have to recuse myself from playing at this juncture until things get better, but God willing, we all get through this healthy and stronger than before so we can continue to have this game with regularity once this living nightmare is over.

Forrest man I feel you. I've been in a rut lately as well. Extra work, lost my second/third incomes lots of trips cancelled, kid at home for school, health hasn't been 100% in months. Overall it just sucks. I'd post a picture but I just cleaned off my phone so I'll post this terrible meme instead.
5f4d0c9.jpg

Hang in there and if you ever need someone to chat with give me a call.

Today I sold one of my tables to gain some room in the basement. It was an old Junell racetrack design that I built using internet plans when getting more into poker about 20 years ago. With the extra room, I moved some furniture around and started feeling a bit bummed with the realization that very little of my/our poker stuff is getting used. The latest C19 surge means there are essentially no games until February at the earliest. I miss my friends and the comradeship of getting together. I doubt I’m the only one with these feelings, so I’m asking folks to post some fun chipping memories to pass the time. Thanks to everyone for the help and the pick me up! It’s good to have good friends to lend a hand in tough times.

ok, here is a real fun one. Remember a couple years ago when I misread my fucking hand late after too much 420 and shipped a 400 dollar stack to K9? That was the first Rosie’s hundo to get in play. You can stop laughing now.

It's been great getting to know you Forrest. You're the one who introduced me to OFCP, as well as several other mixed games at the Colorado meetup a few years ago. I've had the good fortune of meeting up with you again at the Chateau de Noix meetup, and doing some great transactions with you. Looking forward to meeting up again in the near future.

One memory that sticks in my mind is at the WA meetup, and I realized that all of the Chanman chip box owners were in the same room together that you insisted we take a photo together to immortalize the moment. Memories like that last forever.

The boxmen, proud owners of custom Chanman chip storage cases.

View attachment 349379

Same feeling here Forrest :(
But don't forget how juicy the games will be once we can have a go again ;)

In the meanwhile I'm crushing the Covid Belgium Poker League (4/6 tourney itm, 1e place last week (230 runners) & 3th place yesterday (314 runners)

Given that the chips all suck here and meetups are all in America, Vegas was the best chipping memory for me.

Kyle and I checking out the strange street women
Screenshot_20201115_183228.jpg

Wynn 1/3 just before i mucked the winner in a $400 pot, realising that I'd hit my gutshot as I let the cards go lol
Screenshot_20201115_112351.jpg
Screenshot_20201115_112041.jpg

Harvesting at Ballys
Screenshot_20201115_183730.jpg

Meeting this legendary donkey
Screenshot_20201115_183713.jpg

Total harvest
Screenshot_20201115_111906.jpg

Been dreaming of playing the wsop since I was 14, so making day 2 and cashing the big 50 was a pretty special memory, even if I had to play with Bud Jones chips.
Screenshot_20201115_184345.jpg

Meeting @kmccormick100 @DoubleEagle @ChaosRock @Jackstraw @travelgirl and @ekricket was great too.

I had another trip planned, but that obviously got canned. Once covid fucks off I'm really hoping to get back to America to meet up with and play with some more pcfers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom