Import Duty on Cards Mold (1 Viewer)

horseshoez

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Have a question to those that have ordered the Cards Mold or often referred to as "Tina Mold" chips such as the Starlite, Aria, etc... Has anybody that has ordered from Tina been subject to paying import duties once the shipment arrives? I'm asking on behalf of my friend who just placed an order but needed some clarification as to whether or not anything will be tacked on.

My gut feeling says no, but I could be wrong hence the thread.

Thank you guys in advance.

I literally just placed an order with Tina, and she said that if I go with the slow boat shipping, the taxes are included in their quoted shipping price. But if you choose expedited shipping, it’s an extra charge. How much the extra charge is, I have no idea.

Only thing he was charged for related to expedited shipping was the higher shipping charge. He was just concerned that Customs and Border Patrol would tack on an additional amount upon landing.

Only thing he was charged for related to expedited shipping was the higher shipping charge. He was just concerned that Customs and Border Patrol would tack on an additional amount upon landing.
I think there is a way this can be prepaid by the shipper. I know Amazon.com does this when I'm buying stuff from the American site in Canada, I get charged for the import tax when I checkout instead of at the border. Maybe Tina dies this for you?

Hmmmm … not sure. She didn’t mention WHEN the VAT would be charged. Just that it would be.

Hmmmm … not sure. She didn’t mention WHEN the VAT would be charged. Just that it would be.

I'll have him double check with her. Even if he is charged with VAT on the order, it's unlikely to be a big amount as the order itself was a smaller one, not the group orders.

I ordered chips from Sun-Fly During the Prestige Group Buy and Sun-Fly shipped the chips in a timely manner. I kept waiting for my Chips and waited some more and after some digging then I found out through DHL or UPS I can't remember which that my chips were on hold because of Taxes I need to pay. I paid the taxes and got my chips. Sun-Fly didn't account for the taxes when I placed my order and gave me credit. I think VAT would depend on the cost of the items. When I ordered chips from Tina customs did open my Package I think as I had one barrel opened and one destroyed chip. However, I didn't pay any VAT or it may have been factored in by Tina and I didn't realize it.

Not sure how customs brokerage works in other countries, but I find that the post office here is much more lenient than other couriers. When something comes UPS or FedEx I ALWAYS get hit with import taxes without fail (usually like 50¢ tax plus a $25 UPS brokerage fee). When something comes USPS or from some other foreign postal service, I mostly only get hit with taxes if the declared value is over $200, or if the box actually got opened and searched by customs.

Not sure how customs brokerage works in other countries, but I find that the post office here is much more lenient than other couriers. When something comes UPS or FedEx I ALWAYS get hit with import taxes without fail (usually like 50¢ tax plus a $25 UPS brokerage fee). When something comes USPS or from some other foreign postal service, I mostly only get hit with taxes if the declared value is over $200, or if the box actually got opened and searched by customs.

Wholeheartedly agree, especially when compared to other countries that have high import taxes on a lot of times. I lived in Jordan for 7 years while working for the family business. Depending on the country of origin, some items received had a 50% import tax applied. The US is pretty lenient as well as much cheaper when it comes to that.

Woah that's insane. Yeah even when I get hit with taxes it's mostly the brokerage fee I complain about. I think the only import tax I've ever been charged is the 13% combined sales tax that I'd have to pay on anything I bought domestically anyway.

Best to ask the card mold GB king - @SeanGecko. He would know.
Using air via UPS it was this
Not sure why
Screenshot_20220629-000045.png

When something comes UPS or FedEx I ALWAYS get hit with import taxes without fail

It's because they have their own in house brokerage, and they can charge and make big profit on any package that comes through their possession.

National postal services like USPS and Canada Post won't bother unless the money they collect will be worth their time and effort.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom