I'm speechless..... (1 Viewer)

that's horrible. glad it was ruled correctly but the floor should have just awarded the chips without further discussion or putting the decision to the player in the hand. I would never play with that angle shooter again.

I think he got banned for that one. They did a funny "joke" token on Poker Night shortly after that incident.

Yeah the floor is there to make the correct decision even if it is unpopular with some/one of the players. They shouldn't have put Ryan in that spot. He is a player in this situation and not the manager of LATB. Puts him in a compromising situation.

Also some places allow play out of a rack, I've seen it where they say you must start the hand with at least a few chips out of the rack but the rest can be racked.

It was an angle-shoot. One of the commentators says that Armenian Mike made the move before and took the pot when others folded.

If Ryan folded, Mike would have gladly taken the pot. Because Ryan snap-called, Mike tried to pull this nonsense.

I understand why the floor passed it to Ryan, if Ryan is the producer for the show. It's likely there was some pre-agreement that the producer has the last word in the event of a dispute... but this was so clear, that if I were the floor, I would say:

"By the rules of poker, shoving all the chips in was clearly a bet and stands; chips cannot be pulled back from the pot. All the chips should be awarded to the caller." At that point, Ryan, as the producer, could still intervene if he wanted to. There's no need to say that out loud - all it does is put Ryan on the spot.

The floor made a ruling (bet) and said whether or not Ryan wanted to abide by that rule was up to him. I think that was only because Ryan was the producer. Anyone else, I think they make the ruling and everyone live with it.

I don't think that was the right move. It made Ryan have to be a dick to get his money. Kudos to the guy who spoke up and said Mike had to give Ryan the money.

shoving all the chips in was clearly a bet and stands; chips cannot be pulled back from the pot.

He didn't just shove the rack forward while holding on to it... he released the rack. How that could be anything but a bet is beyond me.

He didn't just shove the rack forward while holding on to it... he released the rack. How that could be anything but a bet is beyond me.

The whole damn rack glided past the betting line, like he was playing shuffleboard or something!

But I wouldn't mention the "release" rule, because then you're screwing with another technicality - the rules about "releasing chips" generally refer to "chips in hand" (this allows for a ruling in the gray area when it genuinely appears someone spilled their chips stacks accidentally - similar to the calling action Ryan made intentionally.) Mike never had chips in hand - he shot his whole rack. If I mention release, I'm concerned about hearing back "I wasn't holding chips!"

Wow how’d I never know that I can bluff with an all-in whenever I want and if someone calls I just say it’s a joke!?!

Seriously though how does Mike justify that? It’s like telling your bookie that your bet on the losing team was just a joke AFTER the game ended.

"Live at the bike" is the TMZ of poker. We all know it's trash, but sometimes watching the trainwreck is a guilty pleasure.

They shouldn't have let him get away with that behavior the first 4 times. Crazy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom