I'm Positive Now OH!!! CRAP!! My Wife just got Positive Covid Test Results (1 Viewer)

RussB42

Flush
Reaction score
My wife (72) has not been feeling very good for about week now, Went to Dr on Friday and the results came back this morning.
Now me our sons have to get the test. None of us have any symptoms , so hope for the best.

Guess I'll have to have a few R&R Reserve drinks to keep the virus away.

Will let ya know if and of us get it.

Stay well and stay safe.

Hoping for the best for you and your family.

Three of my family members have recovered from it...ages 66-72 and in poor health. One required hospitalization and icu...the others did not. Just monitor those oxygen levels closely...hope all goes well!

I have had it, know quite a few who have.. in my experience about 10 days after first symptoms you have a 36 - 48 hr period of experiencing Hell!! But also I know many that have had very mild symptoms

It is extremely contagious, I know you want to be there for her but totally distance yourself if you don't think it is too late!

I am 38 and when the respiratory part of it hit me, I thought I was going to die!! No matter how hard you try to breathe, you can't get a breath in without coughing twice... every single breathe! If she starts complaining about breathing take her to the hospital!!

I hope she gets the mild version!

Body Aches, no sense of taste, from it of the forehead migraine type headaches. Those aren't that bad... but if the damn Feaver fluctuation starts and breathing issues... it's pretty bad.

Best of luck to you and your family and I hope this passes quickly!!

Fellow Chipper Ben

I just recovered from a very mild case. Only had a slight fever and stuffed up sinuses. Still don’t have smell and taste back.

Load up on vitamin C and D. Also drink tons of water. Also heard that iodine and zinc supplements are important.

As someone else mentioned, make sure to monitor your blood oxygen levels. I got this one for cheap on Amazon, worked perfect.

Positive thoughts for quick recoveries.

Zacurate Pro Series 500DL... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PQ8WTC4?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Thanks Very One..

Here's my solution for today's 20K tourney that starts at 2PM.

Attachments

• 100_6026.JPG
    100_6026.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 99
  • 100_6024.JPG
    100_6024.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 135
  • 100_6025.JPG
    100_6025.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 92
  • 100_6023.JPG
    100_6023.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 102
Why do you "Have" to get a test? nobody has to do anything like that. You could simply wait it out and just eat well at home. I wouldn't be all that worried, I have been working in ER's and northern ontario clinics and it's a load of BS for the most part. The odd person just like basically all respiratory viruses gets sicker, could happen to anyone. This will pass

I hope all is well and whatever illness passes, given what I have seen so far i'd still plan for retirement.

Last edited:
My wife (72) has not been feeling very good for about week now, Went to Dr on Friday and the results came back this morning.
Now me our sons have to get the test. None of us have any symptoms , so hope for the best.

Guess I'll have to have a few R&R Reserve drinks to keep the virus away.

Will let ya know if and of us get it.
Prayers my friend. My wife had it bad and almost lost her. Hope she has a mild case and the rest of you stay Covid free.

Why do you "Have" to get a test? nobody has to do anything like that. You could simply wait it out and just eat well at home. I wouldn't be all that worried, I have been working in ER's and northern ontario clinics and it's a load of BS for the most part. The odd person just like basically all respiratory viruses gets sicker, could happen to anyone. This is the most minor scamdemic in history as far as I am concerned.

I hope all is well and whatever illness passes, given what I have seen so far i'd still plan for retirement.
How to avoid Breaking Bad spoilers (by using our spoiler button) |  VODzilla.co | Where to watch online in UK

Prayers my friend. My wife had it bad and almost lost her. Hope she has a mild case and the rest of you stay Covid free.
Really? I am glad things went well. I have been working thru this all thru and honestly have not seen a physical symptom beyond the normal everyday illnesses some worse some not. The worst symptom I have personally seen on a person with a confirmed Covid diagnosis was a runny nose. The worst respiratory cases I have managed in the last few months were on kids and they all had H1N1 (swine flu). I would really like to see a physical evidence or presentation, so far nothing I can say as a new or increase in disease cases.

Really? I am glad things went well. I have been working thru this all thru and honestly have not seen a physical symptom beyond the normal everyday illnesses some worse some not. The worst symptom I have personally seen on a person with a confirmed Covid diagnosis was a runny nose. The worst respiratory cases I have managed in the last few months were on kids and they all had H1N1 (swine flu). I would really like to see a physical evidence or presentation, so far nothing I can say as a new or increase in disease cases.
I'm only going to say this once. And only once, so this thread doesn't get hijacked away from the true intent, which is to wish OP's wife well.

You tell this to the families and friends of the tens of patients that have died under my personal watch from this virus over the course of the past 8 months, and see what kind of a reaction you get.

Welcome to PCF!

Why do you "Have" to get a test? nobody has to do anything like that. You could simply wait it out and just eat well at home. I wouldn't be all that worried, I have been working in ER's and northern ontario clinics and it's a load of BS for the most part. The odd person just like basically all respiratory viruses gets sicker, could happen to anyone. This is the most minor scamdemic in history as far as I am concerned.

I lost a woman I knew as mom, and her son is basically my brother. I had it and it kicked my butt, I am 38 and in good health. SMH man... anyone that doesn't think this is real. It is very real.

A runny nose?? Try 36 hours of trying to take a breath and feeling like you will suffocate with each breathe!! You pray for a tiny little gasps of air!! All with a splitting head ache and body aches to where you can't move and a fluctuating feaver from hell! It is very real!! Not to mention I still can't taste right and it's been over 2 months.

I have had the flu multiple times... this was worse! I had scarlet fever when I was younger... that was worse for me... but to say this isn't real. Maybe not in your area, but in the states and elsewhere this is very Real!

Last edited:
I'm only going to say this once. And only once, so this thread doesn't get hijacked away from the true intent, which is to wish OP's wife well.

You tell this to the families and friends of the tens of patients that have died under my personal watch from this virus over the course of the past 8 months, and see what kind of a reaction you get.

Welcome to PCF!
Well if you have seen this in your practice that is interesting. So far there are tons of reports in Ontario but as of yet I can't say I have seen anything new...visits are way down to the ER and other than the routine health emergencies traumas, drunk and disorderly etc is also all way down. Mental health suicide depression is up a lot. So far though respiratory cases are much lighter than a few years ago here when there was a large influenza outbreak.

All the best, Believe me I sat through meetings where in one community expected mortality was predicted as possible 20-30% so far Zero and I will gladly see it stay that way. Just would like to see some more actual physical presentation findings.

Well I saw your “scamdemic” post so I probably shouldn’t even reply. But yes, my wife spent 24 days in ICU, 18 of those on a ventilator and damn near died.
The night I took her to the ER her sO2% went from 92 to 73 in an hour. We had a monitor at home she brought from her clinic after she got diagnosed. She was not high risk at all.

We’ve talked a lot to the infectious disease docs about her case and the virus in general. It’s very real and very deadly to a lot of people. Most people do have it mild but those it hits hard it hits like a freight train.

Well if you have seen this in your practice that is interesting. So far there are tons of reports in Ontario but as of yet I can't say I have seen anything new...visits are way down to the ER and other than the routine health emergencies traumas, drunk and disorderly etc is also all way down. Mental health suicide depression is up a lot. So far though respiratory cases are much lighter than a few years ago here when there was a large influenza outbreak.

All the best, Believe me I sat through meetings where in one community expected mortality was predicted as possible 20-30% so far Zero and I will gladly see it stay that way. Just would like to see some more actual physical presentation findings.
If you really have not seen what this can do in your community and haven't witnessed the horrors first hand, I truly envy you.

The joke of a one time $1200 "stimulus" payment isn't going to even cover a month of the out of network psychiatrists and marriage counselors my wife and I are going to need when all is said and done.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom