I'm not doing well, guys (1 Viewer)

Man, don't know what to say... so sorry to hear about your Grrandpa. Take care of yourself and stay safe! Wishing you some run good soon.

Condolences for your loss and best wishes for a speedy recovery. Hang in there!

I'm so sorry to hear that, relatives passing makes all of us sad. And even more so in the current climate. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Not being qualied at all except by having access to the internet, I'd probably also recommend Gatorade, hydration and some sunlight. Be well.

Sorry to hear about your grandfather and of your illness. Hoping for a fast recovery.

It sounds like your Grandfather was a wonderful person! This thing has altered so much of our daily lives... our expectations. Take care of yourself and fight like hell! Head to the hospital if you have any fear of it getting worse. Stay strong!

Very sorry for your loss, friend. Keep holding on to those good stories and memories, and heck even the not-so-good ones as well. Keeps us all human, keeps us all humble.

I hope you have a quick recovery from whatever you have. I'm no diagnostician, but it doesn't sound like COVID-19. More likely a bad bout of influenza. Keep eating. Lots of fluids. Rest. Acetaminophen for fever and aches, or anti-inflammatories if you prefer and your stomach can handle it.

I'm caught up with the latest literature on the reported bad drug interactions between NSAIDs, ACE inhibitors, ARBs, and COVID-19. It's all bullshit. There is no need to avoid or stop taking any of these medications if you have a legitimate use for them even if you have or suspect you have coronavirus.

I'm also caught up on the so-called treatment strategies with antiretrovirals and chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine. At this moment, they are also bullshit. Nobody should be prescribing or using any chemical substance as a possible treatment for COVID-19 unless they are participants in a clinical trial of the highest rigour.

Whatever, Bottom line: be smart and listen to the CDC, WHO, NIH, and guys like Anthony Fauci. Not PCF experts like me or anyone else. Be well bro, pulling for ya

Last edited:
Really sorry to here all this, and hope ya kick this real soon.

Sorry about your grandfather, he is proof that immigrants are the hardest workers in this country. I hope you get well soon. Peace.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Sounds like he was a hell of a person and left behind multiple legacies to be proud of.

Hang in there and God speed.

My Condolences for your loss. Truly hope you start to feel better. Praying your family stays safe during these hard time

sorry about your grandfather. Keep the memories with you, hang in there, good vibes coming your way

I know that there isn't anything I could type that will make up for your loss and current suffering. Your grandfather seems to have left quite the legacy and example/inspiration for his progeny. Hold onto those memories--that's how the people we love never really leave us. As far as potential covid, here's hoping (and praying) you have a mild course and can avoid the hospital/high level of care.

Bad things always seem to happen all together. So sorry to hear about your loss. Nothing that we say here can ever help to remove the great void it must have left in your life. But you've gotta turn your attention to yourself for the moment and get healthy. Please keep us updated on your health so we know you're recovering. From one Jersey Devil to another...

Thank you for sharing your story and I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. It can be a helpless feeling to be ill with sypmtoms that resemble the virus. I hope and pray for the best for you and your family.

Thank you to everyone that reached out to me via PM and here in this thread. You have no idea what it means to me. I'm very grateful to have this community and all of you.

The good news is that I've been feeling a bit better each day and I'm almost back to myself today. Should be ready to go back to work on Monday.

Yeah, about work....

My "nice and quiet" gig as a nurse practitioner in a subacute rehab isn't going to be as such anymore. Apparently in my absence this week, all of the existing patients have started to have been evacuated out of the building, either discharged safely or placements in other buildings found for them, in order to turn the building into a mega COVID-19 bridge facility between the hospital and home. Basically, all COVID patients, all the time, and no one else.

I just can't catch a break :(

I was already a nervous wreck about my wife going to work in the ER twice a week, and thought that my job at least was pretty insulated at least, until now. Now I have to live in constant fear on a daily basis about bringing this damn thing home and infecting things in the house and my almost two year old son.

Thank you to everyone that reached out to me via PM and here in this thread. You have no idea what it means to me. I'm very grateful to have this community and all of you.

The good news is that I've been feeling a bit better each day and I'm almost back to myself today. Should be ready to go back to work on Monday.

Yeah, about work....

My "nice and quiet" gig as a nurse practitioner in a subacute rehab isn't going to be as such anymore. Apparently in my absence this week, all of the existing patients have started to have been evacuated out of the building, either discharged safely or placements in other buildings found for them, in order to turn the building into a mega COVID-19 bridge facility between the hospital and home. Basically, all COVID patients, all the time, and no one else.

I just can't catch a break :(

I was already a nervous wreck about my wife going to work in the ER twice a week, and thought that my job at least was pretty insulated at least, until now. Now I have to live in constant fear on a daily basis about bringing this damn thing home and infecting things in the house and my almost two year old son.
I wish you only the best.
Speaking practically, isn't it safe to say that you've already exposed your son to it, prior to your symptoms? You gotta just hope that his body's already processed that and now he's got some anti-bodies going on. I'm not medical professional, just an optimist.

Stay as positive as you can and remember that this too shall pass. Stay inside and try to take care of yourself...

My best wishes and prayers for you.
My grandpa arrived in NY in 1904, only to come back in 1911 to get a bride (he found her, and stayed back). The diner he worked in, on 5th Avenue, is now a florist's store.
Stay strong and healthy. Living on is the only way of remembering those who left.:)

Don't live in fear. You can beat this. You can stay safe. You will have the latest protocols for PPE in place.

Our small hospital has totally reorganized, waiting for a COVID surge. Acute palliative care patients moved to another facility, and ward now turned into a non-COVID overflow medical unit. Inpatient rehab shut down and turned into the first COVID overflow unit. All surgical floors are now non-COVID medical units. General medicine now a COVID-suspect unit. Cardiology (closest to ICU) now our COVID-positive unit. It should work like a machine, designed to keep as much physical distance as possible between non-, unknown, and known cases. So far our numbers of all have not crept up dramatically. The next 2-3 weeks will be the most crucial to determine the likely resource strain.

My sympathy to you and your family for the loss of your Grandfather. I will pray for you that you come back negative. God bless you

So glad you're feeling better. At this point, any kind of sickness has us on edge that it could get much, much worse. Try to stay positive and be safe and smart, even while you're in the snake pit. Don't let your guard down and try to protect yourself as much as possible. The world has to start appreciating its health care workers right now...

Glad to hear you're feeling better Joe, but sorry about the work situation. My wife is in a similar situation as yours, it can be nerve racking but X2 all what @allforcharity said - gotta keep as positive of an outlook on things as possible, worrying is just going to raise stress levels and weaken everything else. Stay vigilant in keeping yourself and family as protected as possible. You've got my number, feel free to shoot me a text if you need to chat. :tup:

So I don't have COVID, which is good I guess. That was probably the worst flu I ever had, though.

I have some big decisions to make in the coming days. I keep reading about the very high amount of doctors and nurses that are getting sick caring for patients, some even with proper PPE. A poster here just let us know that her wife, whom is presumably a healthcare provider, is in the ICU on a ventilator, only because she was brave enough to take care of someone sick with COVID. That is not going to be me.

I'm going to go into work tomorrow with an open mind, and I'm going to try and gather all of the information about how this "COVID Clinic" is going to work. But I will say this. Anything and everything is on the table. That is not going to be me in the hospital on a ventilator. I am not going to leave my wife without a husband. My son is not going to grow up without a father. Absolutely not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom