I'm gonna be a dad!! (1 Viewer)

Congratulations. My kids are grown and now I'm having grand children. Having kids changes everything. I will tell you what an old guy told me about kids.
He said "you know when you plant a carrot you get a carrot. When you have a kid you never know what you'll get" That was my experience exactly.

Thank you all for the well wishes, it means a lot. I wasn't sure if I wanted to put this online, but I consider so many of you friends that I wanted to share!

Name your kid Jack or jackie. congrats!
Yes! Hahahaha. Then your wife will support you buying a huge set of these to commemorate your baby this year. They can be an heirloom and she’ll never tell you to sell them!! ....is all about the chips!!

I shared this with my wife, her reply was "not a chance":(

Very happy for you old friend! Congratulations and hope to see you around still even after the baby comes.

I don't plan on going anywhere, might be doing less transactions but still see myself checking in here often. It's my online home after all!

wow Geno, congrats to you and your wife. You might need to sell some chips now …………………………………………………………………...……………………………………………..

Other than all the extra Ritz chips I ended up with building my set, there are no plans to sell more chips. There's still so many I'd like to buy, but unfortunately I'll be needing to control my spending a little.

Congrats! You are too old for this. I am 38 with a 3 year old boy who is a Toddler Tornado. It is exhausting...but the best thing ever.

Congrats, just for some perspective. When I was 41 my daughter had my first grandchild. I now have five grandkids and cannot imagine what it would be like being a dad in my 40's. But, I also know that there's nothing better, no better job on the planet and I wish you nothing but the best. And, I think you're probably be in a better place to enjoy yours now, then I was when I was 21 and had my first child.

All the best!!

Congrats. Wow, best thing I’ve ever done. Being a father is very rewarding

CONGRATULATIONS.......Being a dad is the most rewarding thing you will ever do!!!

Don't worry about your age either, I'm 40 and have a 3yr old boy and girl on the way! :tup:

Congratulations! Nothing else in life compares. I was 40 when my son was born and 42 when my daughter was born. It’s all good. You will learn the true meaning of sleep deprivation the first several months!!!

Hey, congratulations! I have a group of friends from school, none of us had really given much ,thought to children. Each of us got married and had a child. Without exception, whenever we get together, we all talk about how great being a father is, and what a blessing it has been. So much fun and joy. (Our kids are all young -- hopefully they don't turn into monsters as they age.)

I think being a father is great. It's being a mom that looks to be the hard work.

Super exciting, the wife and I just had our first 4.5 months ago and it has been awesome.

I'm writing this now after having been up for an hour with him because he has a cold and isn't sleeping well with the runny nose. But still wouldn't trade it for anything.

Are you going to find out the gender in advance?

Super exciting, the wife and I just had our first 4.5 months ago and it has been awesome.

I'm writing this now after having been up for an hour with him because he has a cold and isn't sleeping well with the runny nose. But still wouldn't trade it for anything.

Are you going to find out the gender in advance?

As long as it’s possible, we will be finding out the gender on Tuesday at the ultrasound appointment. We are so curious to know if it’s a boy or girl!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom