I'm getting promoted! (1 Viewer)

K ALL IN 9

Flush
Reaction score
I found out a few days ago that I'm getting promoted to E6 (Technical Sergeant) in the Air Force. It usually takes an average of 10-12 years to make it and I've only been in 8. I'm still in shock that I made it. More $=more chips!

20190718_113924.jpg

Thanks guys. So for those that don't know, every year we have performance reports in which you're given a rating of Promote Now, Must Promote, Promote, Not Ready Now, and (I think) Do Not Promote and depending on the size of the unit they can only give out a certain number of Promote Now/Must Promote. So I think out of the promotion eligible people, 1 or 2 got PN and maybe 4 MP. Each section would nominate 1 or 2 people to get one of those top ratings and plead their case on why those people deserve it.

My name was included in that meeting earlier in the year. I was told that other leadership basically said who the f is that guy when my name was mentioned. Sometimes these things are more of a popularity contest but I won't get into it. I ended up with a rating of Promote which equates to 0 extra points on the promotion test. PN = 50 and MP = 20. Also some medals/decorations are worth points which I have none.

I would love to tell them to f off for not knowing who I was because look at me now nerds! I didn't need any of your extra points to make it. They can suck it.

Congrats!
My sis retired last year a Master Sargent from the Air Force after 33 years!

....I would love to tell them to f off for not knowing who I was because look at me now nerds! I didn't need any of your extra points to make it. They can suck it.

Congrats on the promo, but whose fault was it that they didn't know who you were? Probably your direct chain of command...

Congrats on the promo, but whose fault was it that they didn't know who you were? Probably your direct chain of command...

I don't blame them. I got to the unit in 2015 and worked with my section chief since then. It could have been that the other leadership had just gotten there and were unfamiliar with the other people in the unit. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't salty about it but they can kiss my salty ass

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom