If You Could Play Anyone Heads-Up... (2 Viewers)

MoscowRadio

Flush
Reaction score
Hypothetically somebody stakes you $100k to play a $200/$400 game. Who would be your first five picks and why?

Mine would probably be:

1. Phil Laak because I think it would be an all around good-time.
2. Phil Galfond because the kid is crazy good.
3. Vanessa Selbst because I love watching her play and I think every single hand would get played.
4. Vanessa Rousso because Sports Illustrated.
5. Doyle Brunson because who doesn't want to play with Texas Dolly?

Last edited:
Jennifer Tilly because she'd be easy to beat

Verne Troyer because if he wins I can just grab him by his ankles and shake the money out of his pockets, what's he gonna do?

verne-troyer-frontpage.jpg

Curly from The Three Stooges cause I don't think he has a good poker face

CurlyHoward.jpg

to be continued, still working on the list

1. Galfond - seems like a genuine nice guy and very very good. PLO for stacks
2. Ivey - Just because
3. Bobby Baldwin - Great great player who rarely plays these days and working in the gaming industry I would love pick his brain about his job: CEO MGM Resorts
4. Patrick - See Ivey
5. The jerk at the MGM in Vegas from about 7 years ago who won a 2.5k pot heads up owing to a dealer error and a reshuffle after I got it all in good and would have held, who proceeded to try and tell me he outplayed me and deserved the pot. Needless to say after my response across the table I was asked to leave.

The jerk at the MGM in Vegas from about 7 years ago who won a 2.5k pot heads up owing to a dealer error and a reshuffle after I got it all in good and would have held, who proceeded to try and tell me he outplayed me and deserved the pot. Needless to say after my response across the table I was asked to leave.

love the angle on this choice. gotta hear the response, though. best lash out i've heard was a guy at the borgata: "i'm going to tie you down and use acid to drizzle that hand history into your chest so your wife knows what a donkey you are." wasn't even asked to leave. a friend of mine's father was banned from borg for life for telling a guy he had a gun in the car.

my top five:

ivey
nixon
andy beal (limit hold 'em)
laak
ted forrest

I would have to say Phil hellmuth so if I won with junk I could watch first hand him implode like he does

Negreanu, so I can apologize for my drunken buffoonery at the Grey Cup
Hellmuth, so he can teach me how to spell poker
Ivey, so he can show me that Phil H is full of it
Tony G, because my play might not be enough to tilt Phil H
Sammy Farha, so he can show me the proper "look" for the game

I'll go against Poker Tina (she must play as shown -- both attire & position)... :) ...but different chips!

Liv Boeree. Good player. Good lookin'.

Jason Mercier and Ole Schemion would be fun as hell to play too.

Last edited:
Daniel Negreanu would be my choice. Seems like a funny guy, I think it would be entertaining.

The way the question is asked, if someone staked me then that means I want to win. Horrible table selection ITT lol. I would try to pick people who might be entertaining but also don't have as huge an edge as the people mentioned before.

1] Bellande, entertaining talks and beneficial tilts.
2] Gus, entertaining talks and beneficial tilts.
3] Guy Laliberte, entertaining talks and overbluffs.
4] Daniel N, he has a major edge but would love to discuss his personal Vegas/Poker stories, plus hope I can get lucky early to induce some tilt.
5] Sammy Farha, PLO happy time, good chats and "Guinness you know I always do business with yooo..." for all our PFAI monsta's.

1. complete fish
2. complete fish
3. complete fish
4. complete fish
5. complete fish

Dr. Strange... So I could be the Villian in one of his Stories.

Poker Zombie... How cool would it be to play poker with a Zombie.

Tommy... I would try to get him to lower the minimum post requirments for the prizes.

Mr. Cheese... So I could slap him upside the head for selling a total newby a set of Royal Yaks.

Irish.... For feeding my addiction with a set of Caribbean Poker Classics

Last edited:
For coaching, I'd pick Haxton for Hold'em and Galfond for PLO

For a good time, I'd go with Laak, Tilly, Zigmund or D-Neg (we can shoot pool afterwards)...

For a smaller unfavorable edge in high-stakes, Perkins or Laliberte

For pure EV, i'd probably skip HU...

- Stu Ungar, just to see the legend at work in real life,
- Negreanu and
- Galfond and
- Patrick Antonius, because I think they're the best playing today, along with...
- Ivey, for for his skill and the outrageous side bets.

Close runners up: Erik Seidel, Gabe Kaplan, Jerry Buss, Ted Forrest, Dan Harrington, Tom Dwan, Barry Greenstein, Jennifer Harman, Vanessa Rousso, Vanessa Selbst, and Andy Beal (tnx, jbutler).

I've played with Chris Ferguson, Erik Seidel, Greg Raymer, Dennis Phillips, and Bill Chen -- nice guys all, interesting and smart. I've also played with Paul Darden, who's a complete jerk.

If I had to play with Shawn Sheikhan, Matusow, Humberto Brenes, or that whiny English complete asshole Tony whose name escapes me at the moment, I'd be doing life in prison.

-- Larry

Last edited:
If I had to play with Shawn Sheikhan, Matusow, Humberto Brenes, or that whiny English complete asshole Tony whose name escapes me at the moment, I'd be doing life in prison.

-- Larry

I would have to add Scott Seiver to that list for me. Can't stand to even look at his face.

Ike Haxton tilts me so much. I can't stand that kid.

I'm 100% with you there MR... But no pain no gain man! :)

I would have to add Scott Seiver to that list for me. Can't stand to even look at his face.

F you all - Haxton and Seiver are two of my absolute favorite players. Also William Reynolds. #nerdpower

Negreanu and his ilk? Not so much (though I don't really mind him like some do.)

Of course, to actually play HU I want the five worst players I can possibly find.

Ziigmund. I could watch his retardessness
sit to banana and then blow up on tilt.

I'm just TapaTalking

First I'd play this guy, because he always has too many kings and he doesn't know what the fuck a frush is.

poker1.png

Then definitely this guy, because he knows his 2 pair is no good.

poker2.png

Then, in order:

- Matusow: I'm pretty sure I could get him to try to punch me.
- Tony G: I'm pretty sure I could get him to stab me.
- Hellmuth: I'm absolutely positive I could get him to cry out of frustration.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

I couldn't find a picture of the Greek guy at the Deli in Rounders who thought that Mike McD looked like a man beaten by Jacks. He'd be #3.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom