If split, dibs. depending on price. I'm backup dibs" quoth the chipper. (1 Viewer)

We get it friend.

I think I’m gonna have a Premium Light or two or three with dinner tonight. Gotta cleanse the soul.
I'm literally living out the Brady Bunch Cursed Tiki Statue episode

Polish_20240125_161438260.jpg

Polish_20240125_161524701.jpg

Screenshot_20240125_161023_Facebook.jpg

The seller is required to put the price in the ad so you know what the price per chip is already. It’s stupid-simple math. Total price divided by total # of chips!!!!
Just to nit-pick a bit here, if selling a set it is often the case thay different denoms are worth different amounts (just as TCR prices each denom differently).

I'm being lazy, so didn't read if this was a set or all of one type of chip. That aside, often a seller will set a different price per chip when selling a complete lot vs splitting (big difference in the amount of work to transact/ship to 2+ people).

For that reason I think a dibs depending o split price is reasonable. Sellers sometimes have a very different idea of what the value is per denom than a buyer may have and premium split pricing can also be 10%+.

Just another viewpoint.

Just to nit-pick a bit here, if selling a set it is often the case thay different denoms are worth different amounts (just as TCR prices each denom differently).

I'm being lazy, so didn't read if this was a set or all of one type of chip. That aside, often a seller will set a different price per chip when selling a complete lot vs splitting (big difference in the amount of work to transact/ship to 2+ people).

For that reason I think a dibs depending o split price is reasonable. Sellers sometimes have a very different idea of what the value is per denom than a buyer may have and premium split pricing can also be 10%+.

Just another viewpoint.
This. 100%

Any post of "interested in the event of a split" should be taken with a large handful of salt. On any type of split transaction one should never assume there is a commitment to buy until a willing buyer and a willing seller have both agreed to final terms.

After this post I'm done with this thread lol never intended drama. I was tagged/quoted in this thread and then a had my PM quoted. I only responded after both those things to defend myself because I felt attacked/blasted.

The tagging was apparently an accident, so I'm moving on and no hard feelings

If anyone is in MN area come on over for a homebrew and a hand because god knows I need one.

Just another viewpoint.
Totally agree on certain chips.
These were BRPro chips that the seller was already willing to take a hit on. So in this specific case, I don’t think it is a stretch to call it simple math.
Sellers sometimes have a very different idea of what the value is per denom than a buyer may have….
100% - Better communication is needed.

How about this one? I'm selling 1,000 Tiki Kings. It's not a "dibs" but it sure sounds like a commitment to buy to me:
The phrase “I’d be interested in….” to me means something different then “I’ll take x,y,z” or “dibs x,y, z”

“I’m interested in” translates into - I’m kicking the tires.

Dibs here is like yelling shotgun getting into the car with your buddies when you're 17 . Sometimes it works, sometimes you gotta rassle to try and enforce your shotgun (usually doesn't work unless you're closer to the car). Other times the other guy gets there before you do and there's nothing you can do. Some people play by international shotgun rules which specify that shotgun must be declared within 10 feet of the car. Others don't recognize the ancient and time-tested international shotgun rules. Get in the freaking back seat, quit whining and try next time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom