If it fits it ships... (1 Viewer)

Psypher1000

Straight Flush
Reaction score
On Thursday I saw a woman at the post office attempting to ship what I assume was a small frozen turkey in a flat rate padded envelope. If it fits, it ships, right?

image.jpg

Not so much. The lady kept asking for the postal worker to add just one more piece of tape to really make sure it stays together. The postal worker kept telling her she should really use a medium box to avoid postage due, because the envelope has to close on its own. She ultimately just left the package on the scale and walked away. The postal worker promptly busted out a red sharpie and wrote "POSTAGE DUE: $9.35" on the package. Let this be a cautionary tale!

Of course, the great irony is the recipient will need to pay ten bucks for what will very likely be a destroyed package/contents.

Of course, the great irony is the recipient will need to pay ten bucks for what will very likely be a destroyed package/contents.

And then they will bitch incessantly about how sh*tty the US Post Office is, and what a giant ripoff it is, and how it's losing billions of dollars every year, blah blah blah bullsh*t blah blah more bullsh*t. I hate people.

Just FYI, you can turn those inside out and use them for first class bubble mailers too. Cut them to any size. No printing on the inside. :)

I may get flamed for saying this but considering the usps flat rate prices, it's a pretty good deal thinking about how much work it takes to organize and send so many packages. The sheer amount of infrastructure.

I guess the alternative is use a competitor or take it there yourself.

20 lbs international for MFRB or LFRB (4 lbs SFRB). But yes, I think it's 75 lbs domestic (which cannot be exceeded by chips, I've tried).

Just FYI....

I shipped a 16 lb box (16-in H x 18-in W x 18-in D) via USPS Priority mail to KY for under $10 via eBay. I noticed the disclaimer on the flat rate boxes shortly after. Says something to the effect that these boxes are provided as a convenience and shipping in your own box is probably cheaper. o_O

EDIT: is was KY not CA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom