Identifying manufacturer? (1 Viewer)

RagahRagah

Flush
Reaction score
Somewhat dumb but hopefully common problem. Anyone accumulate so many random samples you lose track of many you disregard and eventually rediscover some and realize a chip you now don't remember the manufacturer of has grown on you? Happened to me.

The specific chips in question are a sample set of San Juan Intercontinental BJ style chips. Only reason this might be an issue is because I know a lot of companies do replicas. In either case after finding this sample set they have grown on me significantly and I am contemplating getting some. But obviously I have to know if I am looking for the real thing or replicas.

So general questions for the chip savants:

1. Are the actual BJ versions of these chip V7 or V8? I've seen conflicting information on this and the sample set I have definitely feel different than the BJ V7s I have and I definitely like how they are and I don't want or need an exact same chip set with a different design.

2. Is there any sure fire way to identify who makes them? Again, I figure these might be replicas as I apparently got them in a random sample set.

If these questions can't be answered I can seek a sample set of the for sure real thing to try to help me figure it out but obviously if I don't need to and someone has the knowledge I seek that would be quicker and more preferable.

Pic 1 is stock photo, pic 2 is the chips I have in hand. Probably the same, lol.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Intercontinental San Juan Bud Jones Poker Chips.png
    Intercontinental San Juan Bud Jones Poker Chips.png
    398 KB · Views: 70
  • 20230217_191925.jpg
    20230217_191925.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 65
1. What @RocAFella1 said, weighted Bud Jones S2 chips (unweighted S2’s are also a thing).
2. Years and years of experience, easiest just to ask the chipes xberts here. :)

1. What @RocAFella1 said, weighted Bud Jones S2 chips (unweighted S2’s are also a thing).
2. Years and years of experience, easiest just to ask the chipes xberts here. :)
My guess is that the ones I have are the same, I just wish I could remember where I got the samples from. Any chance anyone might have an exact idea who could provide these?

IIRC @TheChipVault sold these, there are plenty here in the community. Best to post a WTB.

Btw, the higher denoms are actually oversized chips, IIRC V8.

IIRC @TheChipVault sold these, there are plenty here in the community. Best to post a WTB.

Btw, the higher denoms are actually oversized chips, IIRC V8.
If they are for sure the same, cool. I was worried these were potentially replicas and wouldn't feel the same and I would bet surprised by something that felt different if I ordered them. Which makes me wonder where the hell I got these samples from.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom