identifying correct color of Blue Paulson hotstamps (1 Viewer)

djmarc

Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
I recently acquired some solid color Paulson starburst hotstamp chips and the blue chips have proven a bit difficult to identify when comparing them to my color sample set.

The Navy Blue and Dark Blue chips are from my sample set. The starbursts and the Royal Blue are the new chips. I know Royal Blue is a difficult chip to get... any thoughts on this particular type with the Paulson info on the other side?

Looking at the chips from the side, it appears that some of the starbursts might match the Royal Blue samples. Have any of these blue colors varied over the years?

If you number the chips from Top Left (4 is Navy Blue, 8 is Dark Blue, Royal Blue are 12 & 13.) and look at the side photo, 6, 10 & 11 appear to be the lightest blue and don't really match any of the 3 sample colors. Chips 1, 3 and 9 seem the closest to the Royal Blue samples.

Attachments

• 028.JPG
    028.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 197
  • Blue sides.JPG
    Blue sides.JPG
    620.2 KB · Views: 168
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 165
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Use (absorbing oils) and exposure to sunlight can create variations in the chip colors. You'll likely hardly ever get a perfect match, especially on older chips.

My guess is they're Royal Blues.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom