Ideas on how to improve this? (1 Viewer)

Wils

Flush
Reaction score
My "other" poker table is one of these cheap and cheerful types. I don't like the "wooden" race track but I'm pretty certain the build quality would prevent me doing anything too drastic (and I don't have the skills/tools for that anyway).

So I was thinking of just making a foam and speedcloth pad that would sit on top of the existing racetrack and felt.

Does anyone have any better ideas, or can anyone see issues with what I want to do? Obvs first off, that will reduce the height of the rail, but I don't mind as long as there's _something_ to stop the cards flying off.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20221120-092709_eBay.jpg
    SmartSelect_20221120-092709_eBay.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 80
Following for any good ideas. I toyed with doing this last year but didn't really get started.
I have a very similar folding table top (with dumb wooden track), and my idea was to get some 2-4mm foam to fit inside the track, bringing that surface to up that of the wood. Then getting a custom topper the size of the racetrack that I could lay inside the padded rail. But not sure if that's a good solution or not.

I’d be inclined to play it as is. I don’t like race tracks, but they’re not the end of the world. That said, what are the dimensions? There seem to be a lot of mats around these days (like giant oval mousepads) maybe somebody here is selling one that will fit right on top.

Removing the rail on thse types of table is a bit difficult as they are glued to the racetracck. I had a similar table and it was glued.
I did remove the rail, and buitlt a raised rail with a light diffuser under the rail. The original racetrack was covered by a faux paper, I decided not to use it again.
I was torn whether to remake a racetrack, or go without. After much thought, I decided to rebuild the racetrack, but added attacment bolts that allows the removal of the rail, to expose the table for any other changes in the future. I like the way a racetrack acts as a betting line.
I added cup holders into the racetrack, but went from the 10 on the previous to 8. It also gave me an added incentive to order a custom felt.
The tools required are at the very least, a router, skillsaw, jigsaw and a stappler.
Without tools, the options will be limited, but as suggested, a Tabletopper may be the best option.
Good Luck on your project.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom