Idea Check (1 Viewer)

Mental Nomad not sure if another image of bottles only for the frac would work. Would it add much to the set?

It all depends on the eye of the beholder. Personally, I really appreciate that sort of clever detail, so I like the images implying different quantities of spirits for different denoms of chips.

Thinking about it, if it were me, I'd probably do pictures of snifters and rocks glasses on the fracs, bottles on the small denoms, and oak casks on the big denoms. If I did a plaque, I'd either show a distillery or a fancy still!

I'm picturing an image capturing a room full of pot stills like this one at Glenmorangie:

114864493.JPNDkwyh.080617035Glenmorangiepannorw.jpg

114864479.mD7zn1x1.jpg

Mental those are very nice pics of a distillery. I am not sure I all different pictures. Maybe the frac.

CDNBeerlover here is a picture of my Nevada jacks pink / Red

RedPinkJacks.jpg

Those are tough so more of the color coming through should work.

Thanks

Not to threadjack again, but I just found a feature in Photoshop, under View>Proof Setup. It allows you to view the image as a color blind person would see them. They have the Green cone deficiency (Deuteranomaly) and the less common red cone deficiency (Protanomaly). They do not have the blue cone deficiency, but that is so rare...

I wonder if this should be it's own thread on chip design considerations. Then again, if P5 has it, that covers nearly every chip being designed these days...

Not to threadjack again, but I just found a feature in Photoshop, under View>Proof Setup. It allows you to view the image as a color blind person would see them. They have the Green cone deficiency (Deuteranomaly) and the less common red cone deficiency (Protanomaly). They do not have the blue cone deficiency, but that is so rare...

I wonder if this should be it's own thread on chip design considerations. Then again, if P5 has it, that covers nearly every chip being designed these days...

Awesome, that will make things easier.

Here is another mockup
mockup7.jpg

I think he is planning on doing side A in white, side B in black

Love A and B sides...I was going to suggest it, but didn't want to sound like a broken record.....

+1 on the bottle and snifter on the frac.

Last edited:
Chip faces looking good. I'm also a fan of the snifter/bottle frac. Now what's the plan for the rolling edge?

p5woody did an awesome job of getting these together. Answered all questions and went above and beyond. I have ordered prototypes and when I receive will post pictures. BIG THANKS to p5woody

Broken record: does anyone think the art on the frac should move left a bit so the "r" doesn't cover the top of the bottle?

Lookin' good!

I see what you mean Courage but, I kind of like it. Like the words are filling the bottle... Will see how the prototypes look.

Nice. Is there meant to be barrels on the reverse side? It's a nice touch.

Prototype Edges

Here are the edges of the chip. I only have a prototype so not much more I can do. Larger order will be placed shortly.

TheEdges.jpg

maybe i missed it, but wondering which vendor you chose?

Jbutler I have chosen game on chip company. They have been great to work with and have assisted along the way with this prototype. I can't thank them and p5woody enough for all of the work

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom