Idea Check (2 Viewers)

P5Woody has updated again. I like the Pink frac with the Yellow $20. I think all of the colors pop together this way.

jrbourbon3.jpg

Removing the bottles is interesting. I am going to ponder that. I like the same image on all chips. Now if later I added a Commemorative chip that would be a new image

Looks hot. Just be aware that pink is tricky to be printed. Often has a redish touch which makes it sometimes hard to distinguish from red especially as you don't use edgespots to give it more 'contrast'. Maybe others can give hints on color codes...
(See my pink in my tourney set, not sure if a pure red works together with that...)
http://www.pokerchipforum.com/galle...=661&title=custom-tourney-set-ceramic&cat=529

Thanks MrWitti. I am going to get prototypes of them before pulling the trigger. Get to see the final product and make any last minute changes. I think it is money well spent.

IF you mistake a green chip for a red chip, I officially diagnose you with color blindness.

Poker Zombie O.D. :cool:

I found out I couldn't distinguish some shades of red and green in high school when I couldn't pass a red/green colour blindness test. Fire engine red and forest green aren't an issue, but some subtle shades are (most purples look blue to me). That said, it's more common than I thought. There are a few people in our home game with this issue, and one person who is completely colour blind.

CDN i have a person in my home group that also has similar color issues as you. Blue / Green are the toughest for him. I am liking the pink and going to talk to the vendors on the printing as I don't want it to look redish as stated earlier.

I have a Royal Yak cash set, and the colours work well. They are similar to yours. Check the Palm Gaming forum for a picture of the colours they use.

I also think they would look better without the bottles.

There used to be a great web tool that adjusted the color of a picture so a "normal visioned" person could see what a color blind person could see. I found it handy for chip designing. Since it's been down, I have decided to go with large denoms, and unique edge spot patterns. According to statistics, the number of males with some form of color blindness is around 10%, so I'm actually pretty aware of the problem and the idea that in a game with 20-30 players, 2 or 3 guys are struggling a little more with the chips. And most of the time they will be too proud to let others know of their problems.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

with and without the bottles
View attachment 4753
No bottles rule

Bright orange frac? Otherwise pink ain't bad.

if op wants to stick with yellow frac, then maybe do a black $20?

I found a website that simulates color blindness - http://www.etre.com/tools/colourblindsimulator/

I think the pink works for all but the .003% that have tritanopia color blindness.

Original

This is the image you uploaded.
simulate.php

Simulation

This is how your image may appear to a person with protanopia.
simulate.php

Simulation

This is how your image may appear to a person with deuteranopia.
simulate.php

Simulation

This is how your image may appear to a person with tritanopia.
simulate.php

I found a website that simulates color blindness - http://www.etre.com/tools/colourblindsimulator/

I think the pink works for all but the .003% that have tritanopia color blindness.

Original

This is the image you uploaded.
simulate.php

Simulation

This is how your image may appear to a person with protanopia.
simulate.php

Simulation

This is how your image may appear to a person with deuteranopia.
simulate.php

Simulation

This is how your image may appear to a person with tritanopia.
simulate.php

Fascinating tool, thanks for sharing!

I agree with the barrels only and I would normally go for the black center but I think I am leaning towards the white here for some reason

Thank you everyone for the comments. Links you are 100% correct and I am so glad I asked for a professional. Big Huge thanks to p5woody. :)

I am doing an A and B side. Will have both black and white. Think that will look awesome in a splashed pot.

Without the bottles does look much cleaner. Will go that route.

CDNbeer I have the royal yaks and the colors are good. I like the bright colors and not sure about an orange franc as might conflict with the Red.

Mental Nomad not sure if another image of bottles only for the frac would work. Would it add much to the set?

Thanks again p5woody I appreciate all of the work. The site for the color blindness is very interesting.

Love the white and black, and love the clean look with just barrels but I'd move them to the left a bit now to center them and fit the text.

The yellow will be awesome. I'd stick with your pink frac or consider a yellow frac and use a green $25 in this case.

Nice job!

CDNbeer I have the royal yaks and the colors are good. I like the bright colors and not sure about an orange franc as might conflict with the Red.

D'oh! You mentioned that in the OP. My bad...

Hmmm...as for orange and red, you can get a feel for the difference in this picture.

yak_tourney_splash.jpg

If you want a splash pot pic of the $5 (red) and $1000 (orange) Yak chips, or any other combination, let me know. I have to say that the colours used for these chips is great. The small denom is my only real complaint.

I suspect that depends on the vendor. Who are you going with? If PGI, tell them to use the same colours as on the Yak chips. :) Or perhaps send them a chip from your current set to use as guide.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom