I went nuclear in the classifieds today (1 Viewer)

TriTaylor

Pair
Reaction score
I’m legit interested in @Anthony Martino poker journey, I’m legit not trying to hijack his thread —- although you HAVE met me at a really interesting time in my life. I am social media free, I legit haven’t posted on a forum in maybe 12 years, and Covid had zero impact on my social life (as in social distancing wasn’t such a big sacrifice for me). I work a lot (nature of the business so to speak) and I like to fish. A lot. And I like to fish alone. I see you WI —- Kenosha, Racine, Milwaukee, Port, sheboyboy—- I’m a shore salmon guy. Finally, I’m legit certified because I went nuclear in the classifieds for the first time. Today.

I LOVE the edit button

Last edited:
Congratulations and welcome! I'm afraid you've only picked up the shovel and broke ground on the rabbit hole you've started to dig for yourself. Hold onto your wallet and enjoy the journey!

Thanks @JMC9389 , thanks @Grimace —- but I’ve got a big decision to make. As a youngster I was quite intelligent but unfortunately also a very poor student. At THAT point in my life, the day I graduated HS was the 2nd best day in my life after the Bears winning the SB when I was 14. Now the Packers have had a hall of fame QB under center basically since I was 20 but I digress. So I was a poor student but I am a good writer… in fact it’s probably the thing I am absolutely best at in life and I just realized it right now. I was an editor on the hs yearbook and there’s no doubt in my mind that’s the only reason I was able to graduate hs. Barely graduating helped me understand that college wasn’t the path for me so I set out to find a job at 18. It turns out that I hit the lottery because I was fortunate enough to get hired by the company and I’ll be marking my 32nd service anniversary in January. But my job is one of those jobs when you have to respond right now (as in 24/7/365) when the shoot hits the fan BUT you would be VERY surprised to learn how often we are required to respond when the shoot doesn’t hit the fan.

My 1st obsession was poker and it started because my dad bought a Texas hold ‘em WSOP software and we played it for thousands of hours. I was inspired to start a poker league with my buds, and this led me wanting not only to be the best poker player of all my friends but I also wanted no doubt that I was the best poker player of all my friends. So I picked up a poker book and the next thing you know I’m setting a life goal to win the WSOP. But really I was never better than an intermediate poker player in my heyday, I knew just enough to be a danger to myself and to others. I won a couple of live, small buy in, 100-200 ish tourneys, thought very highly of myself. I joined an online poker school and made online friends.

Last edited:
One year the online poker group met up at the WPO in tunica and it was INTOXICATING. I made a friend from overseas who ended up winning a WSOP satellite, subsequently sold me a 5% share and then proceeded to the final table. This was my poker peak because sure enough, even though I actually believed I would be single and happy forever, I found my true love and my 30’s found me with a family and also a job that now required my attention 24/7/365. Next I discovered fishing and found working an unconventional schedule offered access to quality water, often times as the only angler. As my life evolved poker became less important.

So you see JMC and Grimace, it’s not that I can’t make new friends, it’s that I havent.

I do have a group of lifelong friends and we all see each other 2 or 3 times a year whether we need to or not. one such occasion is an annual Mississippi River houseboat trip that has endured over the course of 30+ years. Unfortunately we‘ve lost 3 of our elders over the last two years including my dad and my father-in-law 32 days apart in 2019. It was obviously a very difficult period but over time I grew to love these occasions that were full of grace, love and compassion. On both occasions family and friends had time to travel cross country to gather at their bedside and love and wish them goodbye. It wouldn’t be much longer until people were no longer afforded these precious moments, so in that regard we were very lucky.
Two months ago I brought my 14 yo son on his first Mississippi River trip and it was a bit revolutionary —- for years we’ve had a 21 age requirement Because we used to literally tear shoot up, but those were also the before times and now there isn’t a minute to waste. But I also needed my boy on that trip for me because of the circumstances. Speaking of the lottery, my boy loves to fish with me. Well, he used to love to fish until he caught his first king, now he can’t even be bothered to bass fish. It was on this trip 2 months ago where my boy played his first poker tournament, and the end result is a like reacquainting with an old flame

Present day finds me long gone of the social media game and the fishing forums died a horrible death years ago so for years my only outlet has been my White Sox Text thread. And speaking of forums and horrible deaths…. the only reason I came here was to purchase poker chips, not to engage in internet arguments. But wait, look at all these chips I didn’t even know existed! Let’s go. And while staring to learn the abcs of chips I discovered the reason for the mandatory post requirements. It’s to keep you here long enough to notice that this place is different. I mean it is not an understatement to say that pokerchipforum.com may very well be our last chance to show the human race that simple decency can still exist in the after times and I find that intoxicating.

and that’s where I find myself now. On medical leave, on edibles —- which has the effect of actually turning me into a better person; however, life circumstances don’t allow me much play—- you know it’s so cliche, the intelligent student who when asked by my teacher if I’ll turn my homework tells him honestly ’probably not’, finally gets diagnosed with ADD as a 20 something adult, I mean who could’ve seen that coming—- rediscovers an affinity for writing at 50 as a result of life consequence, finding myself composing my life‘s story with one finger on an iPad—-admittedly slow but kinda beneficiary because sometimes slow helps my words take shape—- I’m also in a place where I feel comfortable and I have an extraordinary amount of free time on my hands, and it turns out to be an Internet forum. But Marla, look at me —- I‘m really OK. Trust me. You’ve met me at a really interesting time in my life.

maybe I should practice writing in a journal instead.

Last edited:
Thanks JMC, thanks Grimace —- but I’ve got a big decision to make. As a youngster I was quite intelligent but unfortunately also a very poor student. At THAT point in my life, the day I graduated HS was the 2nd best day in my life. I was 14 years old in 1985 and the Packers have had a hall of fame QB under center basically since I was 20. BUT, i AM a good writer… in fact it’s probably the thing I am absolutely best at in life and I just realized it right now. I was an editor on the hs yearbook and there’s no doubt in my mind that’s the only reason I was able to graduate. It turned out to be the biggest call of my life because I knew college was a fold because I barely finished high school. So at 18 years old I set out to find a job and I hit the lottery because I was fortunate enough to get hired by the company and my 32nd service anniversary is in January. But my job is one of those jobs when you have to respond right now (as in 24/7/365) when the shoot hits the fan BUT you would be VERY surprised to learn how often we are required to respond when the shoot doesn’t hit the fan.

My 1st obsession was poker and it started because my dad bought a Texas hold ‘em WSOP software and we played it for thousands of hours. So I wanted to start a poker league with my guys, and I did. That led to me wanting to be the best poker player of all my friends which led to me wanting not only to be the best poker of all my friends, I also wanted there to be no doubt that I was the best poker player of all my friends. This caused me to pick up a poker book and the next thing you know I’m setting a life goal to win the WSOP. I was an intermediate poker player in my heyday, knew just enough to be a danger to myself and to others. I won a couple of small buy in, 100-200 ish tourneys, thought very highly of myself. I joined an online poker school and made online friends.
I see a Little Ben @Ben8257 :)

Welcome at PCF, i'm sure you are going to fit right in ;)

Lol - that’s same thing I thought :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Sounds kinda click baity but as the day started my range and decision making covered the span between Black Friday chip sales and estt tourney sets … but as things started to happen the picture came into focus … and as the picture came into focus more things stated happening. I’m about to finalize another transaction right now.

Last edited:
1637395832200.gif

J/K. Welcome!

I started the day without a solid plan and finished with almost a full WTHC tourney set and a complete HSI cash set as my first forum purchases and it made me feel very adventurous

I started the day without a solid plan and finished with almost a full WTHC tourney set and a complete HSI cash set as my first forum purchases and it made me feel very adventurous
A HSI cash set is a quality venture. I am deep into HSI primaries myself along with some customs etc... I have been debating some of these Majestic chips.....but So far of all of the sets on here the HSI's are one of my fav's. WTHC chips are old goodies that are very highly regarded here...

You made some good first choices

A HSI cash set is a quality venture. I am deep into HSI primaries myself along with some customs etc... I have been debating some of these Majestic chips.....but So far of all of the sets on here the HSI's are one of my fav's. WTHC chips are old goodies that are very highly regarded here...

You made some good first choices
Thanks!

I’m planning to close it out on Black Friday with a couple of the 36 mm T10000 sets to be used as travel sets, like for the Mississippi River, and also to double as mini travel sets as well.

I will try my best to accomplish a mail pr0n thread when everything arrives but it will have to be a good day when my wife is at work.

My Tiki King tournament set will go live with my fishing kayaks in SW Michigan and my Nevada Jack tourney set which I’m really partial to will carry the load at least until everything arrives.

I will try my best to accomplish a mail pr0n thread when everything arrives but it will have to be a good day when my wife is at work.
It’s not pr0n anymore, noob. The Management now calls it a showcase.

1637401056867.gif

Just joking of course. Welcome aboard. And just tell the wife that you are renting the chips, and it’s likely an investment. That’s what we’ve all been telling our wives. Whether they believe it is a different story.

It’s not pr0n anymore, noob. The Management now calls it a showcase.

View attachment 814010

Just joking of course. Welcome aboard. And just tell the wife that you are renting the chips, and it’s likely an investment. That’s what we’ve all been telling our wives. Whether they believe it is a different story.
Thanks saoliver, whenever the Rock is on tv my 9 year old yells ‘there’s moms boyfriend’

Thanks saoliver, whenever the Rock is on tv my 9 year old yells ‘there’s moms boyfriend’
Pro tip: put @ before someone you want to tag, like @TriTaylor.

Also, my sister has a rule with my young nephew: he is only allowed to bother her in the bathroom if the house is on fire or Jason Momoa is at the door. So, he thinks Momoa is mom’s boyfriend.

I dove into buying several chips early and sold them off. Great start with the two you picked. Great taste!

You must have been a chipper in the previous life...some greenhorns have The Force within before they even started...
Like I said, looks like you will fit in like a glove

Life update: I made it through the fire pits of hell in record time… I bested my previous record by more than 30 hours.

Really, this is a good stage to be beyond

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom