I want to play poker, in a swimming pool, drinking a beer...... (2 Viewers)

Pinesol13

Flush
Reaction score
underwater-poker-swimming-pool-lids-guys-14094349327.jpg

Ok, maybe not quite like that....

BUT, I am starting to think about summer, and the idea of sitting in the pool playing some poker just will not get out of my head.

So I'm going to make a floating poker table (not as fancy as it sounds. Basically one of those flat foam mats with some pool noodles glued around the edge)

I've been trying to figure out what kind of chips I should use. Obviously these chips will take some serious abuse, between the water, chlorine, greasy sunblock lotion, etc... So nothing "nice", I'm going for cheap chips here. I want the chips to have the denomination on them, which I think limits me to ceramics or cheap plastics that are stamped. Ceramics may be too pricey to justify, plus I'm wondering if the printing would wear off quickly with the chlorine? I assume any chip with a label wouldn't last long. looking for a small cash set (quarters, $1's and $5's) and a small tournament set. I thought about those plastic chips with the coin inlay, but can't seem to find them available anywhere.

Anyways, this is all just to say that I'm looking for the cheapest, most durable chips possible that have a denomination. If anyone has any thoughts/links/advice let's hear it.

Hahah it’s funny you bring this up, because I have done the same in my parents pool back in the day. I used the cheep dice chips from a set at a big box store with some plastic waterproof cards (like actual plastic). I don’t have a recommendation on cards, but I do have some advice on the chips

The dice chips did bleach a little in the chlorine and sun. If it were me now? I would look at as cheap of ceramics as I could get, knowing they will likely only last 2 summers in the pool. If you want to keep them a little longer, maybe switch to salt water for the pool.

Anyways, this is all just to say that I'm looking for the cheapest, most durable chips possible that have a denomination
I'm pretty sure that would be dice chips, with numbers written on using sharpie. Seems like that's a pretty low move though :(

Yeah, I think I saw that one. I decided to go the home made route to save money. Should cost me all of $4 using stuff I already have around the house.

I'm thinking I might go with these chips
chp1e.JPG

They are cheap, and if the labels start falling off the denomination also on the chipface. Only problem is they don't have quarters. I'll either use the $25 as a quarter, or use a plastic solid chip as a quarter.

Yeah, I think I saw that one. I decided to go the home made route to save money. Should cost me all of $4 using stuff I already have around the house.

I'm thinking I might go with these chips
View attachment 647259
They are cheap, and if the labels start falling off the denomination also on the chipface. Only problem is they don't have quarters. I'll either use the $25 as a quarter, or use a plastic solid chip as a quarter.
If you’re thinking on buying those, You can buy one of these as a frac... no need to label it since it will be the only one without denomination.

EEF3ED86-8C0B-42A1-903C-E171EC8E269F.png

Ready for you guys to post pics of your setups as the weather warms up. Don't leave me hanging!

Well, it snowed today, so this feels like it's further away than I thought! :LOL: :laugh:

But I have the chips, I have the cards, and today I bought a cheap foldable octagon topper on FB Marketplace. I'm going to build a sort of frame out of pool noodles to hold it in, then BOOM - floating poker table!

Hopefully the pool opens Memorial Day Weekend.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom