I think it's me (PCF is less interesting lately) (2 Viewers)

mike32

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
I am not entirely sure why but PCF has become less interesting to me lately. I still check in all the time but I find many of the topics not even click-worthy to me. I also feel I have lost some interest in poker and chips. To quote Morrissey "I still love you, only slightly less than I used to".
Possible reasons-
Normal burnout after many years on CT and here.
Covid 19 making me grow up a little.
Covid 19 killing live poker with my bros around home for several months.
Been doing more fishing and have moved on to some new things, especially for summer.
Repetitive content with new members.
Lots of posts I don't really understand.

Anyone else feel the same, or totally different?

No disrespect intended to the great people who make this website happen, just wanted to discuss.

I’m still on here daily, but I don’t clink into nearly as many posts. Definitely a lot of the same questions over and over. I give a lot of credit to the vanguard like @BGinGA for always stepping up to help with the same questions.

With so many of us playing online daily now I would think we should have a lot more interesting hand discussion going on.

I know I have been discussing about a lot of them in private chats but will try post a few here as well.

perhaps @Frogzilla would like to discuss the hand we played last night where he put me in the wringer!!! I’d love to get your thought process on the hand.

Weird Al won a Grammy early in his career, like 1985ish. His next album or two bombed and he figured that was it, but he soldiered on, then made a very well received album, and won another Grammy. At that point he realized his career would have ebbs and flows.

That’s my long winded way of saying this is a hobby, and it too will inevitably have ebbs and flows. From 2010 to 2017 I basically did jack squat in the hobby, and now I am back having as much fun as ever.

I've been feeling the same way....my last substantive post was June 18th......
I think a lot of it has been COVID related, with no home games, no WSOP this year, no CCA convention............nothing to really post about....... :(
When your only shopping is groceries and hardware stores, not much to talk about there either.
I even added the Politics thread and that didn't add anything either....... :rolleyes:
You're definitely not alone though!

I’m always in the dark but I’ve noticed even more of the people who used to make this site fun to read are pretty quiet now. I don’t know why, I don’t know if I’m missing something or, like others have pointed out a few times, it’s just a natural cycle that all message boards/communities go through (which I’ve seen on more than a few boards). I’m nostalgic to a fault, so I always think of the days gone by as “the good old days” while not realizing today is going to be tomorrow’s good old day. I’m puttin in an effort lately to consciously try to appreciate the now, same with the board.

I miss the old members, I wish I knew what was going on, but I still love poker chips and the people who post here so I’m all in no matter what.

Seems like 3/4 of the new posts are wanted ads (guilty myself). Not nearly as much interesting content and becoming more and more of a marketplace (where have I heard this before?).

Seems like 3/4 of the new posts are wanted ads (guilty myself). Not nearly as much interesting content and becoming more and more of a marketplace (where have I heard this before?).

dammit, you hit the send button before me and now I look like a deja vu copycat. Thanks :confused

My favorites:

WANTED - looking for 4 racks but 3 will do for now.

1594060888184.png

I’ve said the same before. Not too many new sets, and a lot of “another thread about....”. Ugh. I hit “mark forum read” more than anything else.

Every now and then I interject, but more of a “who cares” than “look at me now”

still love my chips. Don’t need any more, don’t want any more (after this last order is placed).

starting on a new hobby, and it’s not cheap either. I’m a noob with it , but it’s all good.

Speaking as a newbie, the search function works really well so I can understand the frustration with repetitive posts regarding recommended denominations, chips, etc. Never had a general question that was not answered in a past post.

That being said, I just wanted to say I appreciate how helpful everyone has been, especially regarding very specific questions via DMs. I joined less than two weeks ago and have felt welcomed right off the bat. Enjoying my first set already (which included some unknown freebies at the time of sale like a PCF five-year chip, some samples from a custom CPC set, etc. - very cool) and looking forward to the continued experience.

Speaking as a newbie, the search function works really well so I can understand the frustration with repetitive posts regarding recommended denominations, chips, etc. Never had a general question that was not answered in a past post.

That being said, I just wanted to say I appreciate how helpful everyone has been, especially regarding very specific questions via DMs. I joined less than two weeks ago and have felt welcomed right off the bat. Enjoying my first set already (which included some unknown freebies at the time of sale like a PCF five-year chip, some samples from a custom CPC set, etc. - very cool) and looking forward to the continued experience.

I do agree with this and it’s one of the things I really like about this place. The friendliness and helpfulness. Some new posters seem a bit lazy though as there is a ton of information available on getting samples, breakdowns, tournament structures etc through the search function and stickies.

I’m still on here daily, but I don’t clink into nearly as many posts. Definitely a lot of the same questions over and over. I give a lot of credit to the vanguard like @BGinGA for always stepping up to help with the same questions.

With so many of us playing online daily now I would think we should have a lot more interesting hand discussion going on.

I know I have been discussing about a lot of them in private chats but will try post a few here as well.

perhaps @Frogzilla would like to discuss the hand we played last night where he put me in the wringer!!! I’d love to get your thought process on the hand.
I just put up a strategy thread for it (funnily, actually posted it before I saw this)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom