I think it's me (PCF is less interesting lately) (1 Viewer)

I think with fewer live games there has been fewer strategy posts and fewer home games rules questions, which are two of the thread types I find interesting.

I still like seeing how other chippers are prepping, and I will have a project to unveil soon.

I think for alot of us, the content is alot of the same stuff with new chippers. There isn't much on here alot of us having seen multiple times. There's only so many times you can chat about breakdown advice before ya stop clicking those links and try and find something to keep ya entertained.

Bored as well.

IMG_20200627_141104.jpg

Kind of have the same thoughts as many of you, lots of the same questions in thread after thread, and I have nothing to post in the WTB ads as I'm currently selling nothing.

Another thing I'd add is that when every poster with a differing opinion is lit up it certainly discourages discussion. I normally enjoy things like the politics forum, but on this forum it's nothing but an echo chamber.

I’m very, very much looking forward to the online WCB, and the video call going on at same time

Lack of meet ups certainly causing decline in interest. Same questions and all other things stated. But biggest impact is that everyone is only interested in GPI Paulson chips and if there is a design thread it’s all hush hush. Along with strategy threads design threads are the two biggest draws for me (meet ups too but already addressed).

Yup. I actually thought my ebb in interest was due to other fun distractions. But that might not be it. Definitely has been reduced interest from me too. Not just you.

Not just you. All the points have been hit, COVID, lack of home games to actually get chips in play, I’m finally getting into a happy place with my chip collection, repetitive questions from new members, lack of even keeled/fact based discussion in politics threads, and other summer hobbies.

I mentioned it before without luck but I do think a “new members area” with a Q&A of common questions and maybe even a downloadable excel to help them (anyone) determine the best cash/tourney breakdowns could be a huge help to new members and reduce the number of repetitive questions.

I am not entirely sure why but PCF has become less interesting to me lately. I still check in all the time but I find many of the topics not even click-worthy to me. I also feel I have lost some interest in poker and chips. To quote Morrissey "I still love you, only slightly less than I used to".
Possible reasons-
Normal burnout after many years on CT and here.
Covid 19 making me grow up a little.
Covid 19 killing live poker with my bros around home for several months.
Been doing more fishing and have moved on to some new things, especially for summer.
Repetitive content with new members.
Lots of posts I don't really understand.

Anyone else feel the same, or totally different?

No disrespect intended to the great people who make this website happen, just wanted to discuss.
Not just you. I don't even check in every day anymore.

I would suggest something that would inject some life into PCF, but it would entail bringing back a controversial contingent.....:whistle: :whistling:

After thinking about this a little more I am afraid I've always been more of a taker than a giver from this site. I don't post interesting or new content all that often, I usually come here to read.
Thanks to all you people who take the time to share and to help others with their questions and problems!

I've not been checking in as much lately. I am pretty sure that my apathy is due to not hosting right now. Poker has kind of gone out of sight, out of mind for me. I am fully confident that once I get back to hosting and playing with @krafticus and @Highli99, the bug will come back and I'll be back on here daily.

I miss playing live, although thanks to Pokerrrr I have played more hands in the last 4 months than in the last 4 years. I really miss the banter and chip play of live.

I still check PCF but it’s hard when playing pokerrrr because it’s a mobile app.

I miss playing live, although thanks to Pokerrrr I have played more hands in the last 4 months than in the last 4 years. I really miss the banter and chip play of live.

I still check PCF but it’s hard when playing pokerrrr because it’s a mobile app.
I miss the joking, laughing, sports debate, ball busting and various stu related behaviors almost as much as the live act of pitching cards, reading players and shuffling/stacking chips.

I am not entirely sure why but PCF has become less interesting to me lately. I still check in all the time but I find many of the topics not even click-worthy to me. I also feel I have lost some interest in poker and chips. To quote Morrissey "I still love you, only slightly less than I used to".
Possible reasons-
Normal burnout after many years on CT and here.
Covid 19 making me grow up a little.
Covid 19 killing live poker with my bros around home for several months.
Been doing more fishing and have moved on to some new things, especially for summer.
Repetitive content with new members.
Lots of posts I don't really understand.

Anyone else feel the same, or totally different?

No disrespect intended to the great people who make this website happen, just wanted to discuss.
Sounds like we're just about ready for another dose of NAGB drama, I'd say...

Picture1.png

My interest in poker and poker chips has recently been revived so I'm trying to find a good outlet to partake in this hobby in our current environment (covid and no live poker games). Unfortunately, I'm finding this forum is not very fulfilling. However, this seems to be the only forum for home poker enthusiasts. All of my old haunts are long gone (Chiptalk, Scottkeen, HPT).

I think poker in general is waning. Hopefully there will be another boom.

My interest in poker and poker chips has recently been revived so I'm trying to find a good outlet to partake in this hobby in our current environment (covid and no live poker games). Unfortunately, I'm finding this forum is not very fulfilling. However, this seems to be the only forum for home poker enthusiasts. All of my old haunts are long gone (Chiptalk, Scottkeen, HPT).

I think poker in general is waning. Hopefully there will be another boom.

I miss hpt. My first foray into poker forums.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom