I pay you for milling my chips [EU] (1 Viewer)

DerberAlter

Flush
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have round about 400-800 paulson thc chips to get milled, in order to relabel them with gear labels. To pratice myself in milling, I bought about 40 old thc roulette chips, but I have no workshop or the tools to mill them by myself.

I'm looking for someone who is able to mill my chips (EU only).

I would send you all chips I want to get milled and the 40 thc roulette chips, on which you can pratice. I would pay something like 50 euro per pack and all shipping costs.

Best regards,
Jonathan

Last edited:
I have been on the fence for a while about trying to mill myself. Honestly, I think given your location you are better off just buying a small press and trying to do it yourself. I am not the person to ask but others have bought small drill presses and seem to have good success.

Is there a maker space nearby? A small monthly fee might give you access to CNC and other tools and bright minds that might be able to help solve your problem.

With that many chips, you really should consider just picking up a cheap drill press and the appropriate router bit. I think my press and bit together were under $100. Spent maybe another $20 on materials to build a jig.

Spread that out over 500+ chips and you are looking at a very marginal cost for getting your chips ready for labels. Plus, you end up with a tool you can use for other projects around the house.

241F09F9-CDEC-4E34-B082-075810AE36D2.jpeg
9441F07C-D6F6-46B5-8766-812AA581D1DC.jpeg

Obligatory before and after shot:
881E3909-4A1C-469B-BEEC-065A2D448CC5.jpeg

With that many chips, you really should consider just picking up a cheap drill press and the appropriate router bit. I think my press and bit together were under $100. Spent maybe another $20 on materials to build a jig.

Spread that out over 500+ chips and you are looking at a very marginal cost for getting your chips ready for labels. Plus, you end up with a tool you can use for other projects around the house.

View attachment 286344View attachment 286345

View attachment 286353

Sweet. Did the laser crosshairs come with the press?

Sweet. Did the laser crosshairs come with the press?

Yeah. I got it on sale. There was a cheaper drill press but I paid like $10 more for the laser. I think it was worth it, at least at first. Made it a little easier to get everything set up. Once the jig was in place, I never used it. But it helped to get aligned initially.

View attachment 286344View attachment 286345

View attachment 286353
Man, do you have a blueprint for that setup?

Man, do you have a blueprint for that setup?

I mostly just copied @One Eyed Dollar ’s milling post. My jig is just a piece of wood with a hole drilled through with a hole saw, slightly smaller than the size of a chip. Then cut in half and hinged in the back. I used brackets in the front to close the jig and hold the chip in place. Initially I used a clamp to close the jug but found just holding it closed by hand was quicker and works fine. But @One Eyed Dollar ’s post is the one to watch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom