I never finish anyth... various Designs that went nowhere :-) (2 Viewers)

cookiemonster

Sitting Out
Reaction score
some time ago I started to design poker chips during long train rides or boring lessons at university… not because I wanted to get them produced, just because the design tool is fun. so now I have multiple half-finished custom poker set designs lying around that nobody has ever seen and obviously never got made. I figured i’ll start (kind of) finishing them when I get time and post the mockups here.
maybe you like some of them, i can't really tell if those are any good :D

CMYK Tournament Chips
those are based on the CMYK (cyan, magenta, yellow, black) colors used in printing. I really love those, and if I ever get the funds to do custom chips it’s most likely gonna be them - quarter pie chips ar just amazing.
only problem is that the CPC color palette doesn’t really offer the colors needed… chipcos polyclay chips would probably work for them and could get the colors right (so if someone wants to sell a sample of those…)

cmyk-v2.png

Barber Shop Backroom Poker
last week I walked by some barber shop that just opened across the street of my university (didn’t know they still exist) and saw a black curtain at the back someone just walked trough… i spent half the day deciding how the chips would look that the older men and hipsters use to play poker in the back of this barber shop...
i actually think this might could be going somewhere (the inlay - the colors, not so much)

Screen Shot 2015-06-03 at 22.43.09.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-03 at 23.00.40.png

cheers!
Cookiemonster

I saw this and thought of Barber Poker instead. :)

57e3db5312dbb732df9a5c92ccc34d7c.jpg

wouldn't say these went nowhere since J5 finished the design and i loved it - i just never got them made. i had intended to laser a giant batch of faux clays i had at one point. anyone who would like to is free to use the design. pm/email and i'll send in hi res.

U80eogo.jpg

Reactions: gpc
Barber shop 3rd from the right is my favorite

Instead of making a new thread I'll just bump this one.

I'm constantly playing with the chip design page with sets that'll never see the light of day.

Cali set 25¢ - $100
image.jpg

Random set.

image.jpg

I like stocky's! Makes me wonder if there are enough chippers ready to pull the trigger on a couple thousand E&C custom chips if they had the chance, like I am. I know the issues and the mold situation. I also like to think that nothing is impossible.

Rerail - Never went anywhere with this one.

Whoa! Sick Mike!

I like stocky's! Makes me wonder if there are enough chippers ready to pull the trigger on a couple thousand E&C custom chips if they had the chance, like I am. I know the issues and the mold situation. I also like to think that nothing is impossible.

Rerail - Never went anywhere with this one.

Don't worry, Mike. At least the basic $1 design will live on in my set :) (and I think was already made in a prior custom set from someone else?)

I'm not even a huge fan of the Mapes, but that $1 just grabs me for some reason.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom