I miss my home game.... (1 Viewer)

We’ll reopen with nothing but hopes and dreams. People will flock and there is no cure. The second wave will be worse than this. Than what??

There is no cure YET. There are dozens of companies and institutions working on vaccines. Eventually, they will be successful. The molecular biology expertise required, though complex, are available and easily shared.
To bridge that time gap, there are other companies and researchers looking for treatments that can be of real benefit, which can be as varied as, a) prevent sick patients from worsening/require ventilation/reduce amount of time if ventilated, b) reduce the number of days in hospital, c) manage symptoms at home well enough to avoid hospital admission at all, etc. Realizing any of these benefits will also save lives in addition to saving resources.

I think the next wave, whenever it comes, will be easier to handle. Why? Because we've now had some practice on how to modify out behaviours to minimize the spread and the danger. Another lockdown announced? People will be ready to respond in hours, not days or weeks.

Hopes and dreams are nothing to sneer at. My chipping journey here started with nothing more than that. And now I've managed to acquire some damn nice stuff. Open yourself to the possibilities, in all things.

I miss my home game crew as well. On saying that whenever we do get back together it’ll take me ten minutes to remember that they’re all dicks and I don’t want them in my home :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I do think it’ll be a while until I get to kick them out my flat. A vaccine realistically is at least a year away. Even if they found one today they need to be sure that there isn’t any long lasting harmful side effects (we’ve found a way to kill covid - yay!! But is also kills the host - boo!)

Until a vaccine arrives the big thing is gonna be mass testing on a weekly basis. Obviously to do that you need a supply of the chemicals to meet the demand for making testing kits. Germany is a great example of what to do. The UK, Italy, France, Spain are all examples of how not to do it. We’ll just need to catch up with Germany’s ability to carry out more tests. We will come out the other side. It’s just a case of hanging in there until we do.

Then when you have your first home game you’ll be looking at you friends getting pizza sauce all over your nice new desjgn cards, spilling beer on your newly refelted table and knocking lumps out your never been in play Isle chips when they splash the pot... and then you’ll be thinking to yourself “I can’t believe I missed these fuckwits. I wish they would hurry up and leave” :LOL: :laugh:

In summary: Don’t fold. We’re taking this fucker all the way to the river. Then we’re busting it out and collecting its bounty chip. Stay strong and stay safe!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom