I love trees! I really do. (2 Viewers)

72o

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Happy beautiful fall day in New England. Nothing like raking, blowing, mowing leaves and then the wind picks up and covers everything you just did. Lol, definitely pulled out my dad voice when I yelled at the wind just now.

It is an unseasonable 78 degrees so it’s a wash I guess. :p

F9F7F773-0101-4DD9-AD34-8FD852DC214E.jpeg
88911324-44F0-49FB-8624-35848A700C85.jpeg
032FA950-D18C-424C-8657-7DF0C1AA70CF.jpeg

long island here (the most south part of new england ;))
doing the same and sweating my chips off
I should have put on shorts
so crazy!
i think it is a record high today
+ have the AC cranking in the house @68

• Love
Reactions: 72o
long island here (the most south part of new england ;))
doing the same and sweating my chips off
I should have put on shorts
so crazy!
i think it is a record high today
+ have the AC cranking in the house @68
Haha right? I started in my “yardwork jeans” but quickly grabbed the shorts. Shins are chewed up from using the trimmer and having rocks/sticks ping off the ole shin bones but worth it.

Long Island here too…never did the last mow of the year in shorts and a t-shirt.
Or maybe it’s not the last mow? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
So weird huh. Half the leaves havn’t fallen yet so plan on a couple more mows probably.

Happy beautiful fall day in New England. Nothing like raking, blowing, mowing leaves and then the wind picks up and covers everything you just did. Lol......
We are a little ahead of you here, but I totally feel your pain. Most of the leaves are down, but not everybody has them picked up yet. I spent like 8 hrs yesterday. My lawn was perfect. Now today it is pretty windy & it looks like crap again....

Picking up leaves has to be the most unsatisfying, demoralizing job of all.

• Haha
We are a little ahead of you here, but I totally feel your pain. Most of the leaves are down, but not everybody has them picked up yet. I spent like 8 hrs yesterday. My lawn was perfect. Now today it is pretty windy & it looks like crap again....

Picking up leaves has to be the most unsatisfying, demoralizing job of all.
i like it
get outdoors
do some menial labor
turn off the brain
relax
then cough out your brains all night due to mold and leaf dust

Last edited:
AD-raking-and-mowing.jpeg

All you folks with your fancy raking and mowing and plowing. Just let it grow! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

(OK, cheating a bit, taken just now outside the dorm at the observatory. This is my view out the windown while having "breakfast" in the afternoon. It sure is nice not to have to worry about any of that yard work thing, at least when I'm here.)

Figures the one day it's supposed to rain is the first day of my tourney. :rolleyes:

I was going to mow today for th last time, but it was so muggy and wet I decided would be better to wait another week. 78 and humid here in NH in November I'll take it! Wrapped up the shrubs in burlap then went in and finsihed tiling the spare bath (a 2 week project I told my wife 4 months ago) should be done in 2 weeks.

5:40 and dark, I hate daylight savings...

Happy beautiful fall day in New England. Nothing like raking, blowing, mowing leaves and then the wind picks up and covers everything you just did. Lol, definitely pulled out my dad voice when I yelled at the wind just now.

It is an unseasonable 78 degrees so it’s a wash I guess. :p

View attachment 1019093View attachment 1019110View attachment 1019104
Bro... we have 6.5 acres and maybe 1/2 was "kept up with" when we bought it, now @FordPickup92 and I maintain about 4 acres of woods
20221020_183933.jpg

We get done mowing/blowing leaves and the next day it looks like this. Also we have several different breeds of trees that all drop a couple weeks apart... that is our life in the fall, along with cutting and splitting firewood!

I was going to mow today for th last time, but it was so muggy and wet I decided would be better to wait another week. 78 and humid here in NH in November I'll take it! Wrapped up the shrubs in burlap then went in and finsihed tiling the spare bath (a 2 week project I told my wife 4 months ago) should be done in 2 weeks.

5:40 and dark, I hate daylight savings...
Oh that’s another thing about fall over here. Daylight savings time means less daylight for yardwork while trying to work around the Patriot’s games. Sundays have always been the day in the yard and I just can’t switch to Saturdays for some reason.

Bro... we have 6.5 acres and maybe 1/2 was "kept up with" when we bought it, now @FordPickup92 and I maintain about 4 acres of woods
View attachment 1019283
We get done mowing/blowing leaves and the next day it looks like this. Also we have several different breeds of trees that all drop a couple weeks apart... that is our life in the fall, along with cutting and splitting firewood!
Hell no to taking care of 4 acres man :D That does look beautiful though! I could spend large chunks of my life in those woods just listening to the wind blow through the trees and the peacefulness. Great place man.

Hell no to taking care of 4 acres man :D That does look beautiful though! I could spend large chunks of my life in those woods just listening to the wind blow through the trees and the peacefulness. Great place man.
Ohh once we finally get to the river (about 1/2 mile back) that is absolutely the idea
20220501_130623.jpg

This was all totally overgrown wilderness 3 years ago, Brie and I have been painfully clearing load after load to the dump... the river is still about another 100yds behind me there, but way up on the hill in the background is the house
20220531_151912.jpg

Everything left of the drive used to be woods. It was a VERY overly wooded lot, not some massive house, but more than we need
20220531_153500.jpg

But just a beautiful slice of heaven on Earth, looking down into the bottom there.

But yeah... when it is leaf season... it is a royal pain in the butt! Lol

BTW if you ever have any free time AL you are welcome anytime brother! We'll drag the fire ring down in the "holler" haha

lmao that is so few leaves. do you want my trees? this is actually the first year out of 10 in this house that i have given in to pay someone to do my leaves for me. the amount i get...dear god...we have a ton of trees and we are the end of a cul-de-sac so we get everyone else's too...its just so discouraging lol. i am still waiting for them to show up for the first of 2 cleanups. i hope its soon, i can barely walk through them right now.

i normally love the fall but this 78 and humid climate change bullshit has officially put me over the edge.

Last edited:
D567586F-032D-49B4-A88B-330EB798A243.jpeg

We have 12 acres, I use the Kubota to blow the leaves into the woods. F raking that shit. I need to start harvesting the hardwood, 4 fireplaces/wood stoves takes a bit o’wood. (pic is from the spring)

Ohh once we finally get to the river (about 1/2 mile back) that is absolutely the idea
View attachment 1019287
This was all totally overgrown wilderness 3 years ago, Brie and I have been painfully clearing load after load to the dump... the river is still about another 100yds behind me there, but way up on the hill in the background is the house
View attachment 1019290
Everything left of the drive used to be woods. It was a VERY overly wooded lot, not some massive house, but more than we need
View attachment 1019292
But just a beautiful slice of heaven on Earth, looking down into the bottom there.

But yeah... when it is leaf season... it is a royal pain in the butt! Lol

BTW if you ever have any free time AL you are welcome anytime brother! We'll drag the fire ring down in the "holler" haha
Frickin beautiful bud! The house and the grounds. The hard work is all worth it…the sense of pride you must have in that piece of property now. Awesome!

I appreciate the invite Ben and would love to take you up on that offer someday. I’ll bring the bourbon and you provide the hammocks…or hammock if we’re really feeling it LOL.

NJ here, started working on my lawn today in a sweatshirt and was in a T shirt within 15 minutes. It was also in the 70s as well down here, more like spring then fall.

At least my town collects leaves at the curb so I just blow them to the street which makes it easy.

My backyard....
Be glad you don’t have pine needles
Pine trees in my backyard and I curse them to no end. I clean my gutters at least once a month.

Mulching leaves into fertilizer, eh?
Yeah man…well trying to. The backyard belongs to the dog so I dont like using any kind of fertilizer back there so figured I would try mulching.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom