I just got an invite to a live poker game (1 Viewer)

grebe

Full House
Reaction score
Surreal as hell. Single table no rebuys, $300 buy in deep stack. Date stamp this at 4/24. 10 minutes later, all seats full.

No way I am going, because I have a mom and in-laws that I must have contact with.

I did offer my decon services post game though....for 1 buyin's worth.

I have a buddy in St Joe Missouri who has been playing a 1-table live game non-stop.
He is a grocery store manager and comes in contact with hundreds/thousands of different people every day so he didn't feel 9 other people would change his situation any.
I have been invited to 1 table games recently and I agree it does feel weird.
I expect our county to lift the >10 people gathering ban April 30, so technically we could play again. I don't know at what point I will feel comfortable scheduling one - even though I can.

I think people should make their own decisions about risk at this point, based on where you live and what people you interact with . This isn't as deadly as first feared. You making your decision not to play seems very sensible with contact with your mom and in laws.

You all can do what you want, I'm past the point about getting upset regarding anything with this pandemic. If I get sick and die, oh well, I did my best and tried to help others to the bitter end.

I'm refraining from hosting or attending any live games, as painful as it is, until the last COVID patient is discharged from my building, plus two weeks.

Good luck to you all that still go to games still with widespread cases within your communities.

I think people should make their own decisions about risk at this point, based on where you live and what people you interact with . This isn't as deadly as first feared. You making your decision not to play seems very sensible with contact with your mom and in laws.
Not as deadly but more deadly than the flu and much more contagious/risky given the % of asymptomatic cases and Ro #. As you said to each their own though.

I have a buddy in St Joe Missouri who has been playing a 1-table live game non-stop.
He is a grocery store manager and comes in contact with hundreds/thousands of different people every day so he didn't feel 9 other people would change his situation any.
I have been invited to 1 table games recently and I agree it does feel weird.
I expect our county to lift the >10 people gathering ban April 30, so technically we could play again. I don't know at what point I will feel comfortable scheduling one - even though I can.
Might not change his situation, but his situation might really change the other 9 guy's situations, or their children's or their grandparents or their co-workers...

Might not change his situation, but his situation might really change the other 9 guy's situations, or their children's or their grandparents or their co-workers...

I don't know any of them, I have no way of knowing if any of them have kids, grandparents, or co-workers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom