I just got an invite to a live poker game

grebe

Straight
Reaction score
Surreal as hell. Single table no rebuys, $300 buy in deep stack. Date stamp this at 4/24. 10 minutes later, all seats full.

No way I am going, because I have a mom and in-laws that I must have contact with.

I did offer my decon services post game though....for 1 buyin's worth.

bsdunbar1

Full House
Reaction score
I have a buddy in St Joe Missouri who has been playing a 1-table live game non-stop.
He is a grocery store manager and comes in contact with hundreds/thousands of different people every day so he didn't feel 9 other people would change his situation any.
I have been invited to 1 table games recently and I agree it does feel weird.
I expect our county to lift the >10 people gathering ban April 30, so technically we could play again. I don't know at what point I will feel comfortable scheduling one - even though I can.

tyrion1705

Pair
Reaction score
I think people should make their own decisions about risk at this point, based on where you live and what people you interact with . This isn't as deadly as first feared. You making your decision not to play seems very sensible with contact with your mom and in laws.

JMC9389

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You all can do what you want, I'm past the point about getting upset regarding anything with this pandemic. If I get sick and die, oh well, I did my best and tried to help others to the bitter end.

I'm refraining from hosting or attending any live games, as painful as it is, until the last COVID patient is discharged from my building, plus two weeks.

Good luck to you all that still go to games still with widespread cases within your communities.

ReallyGoodUsername

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think people should make their own decisions about risk at this point, based on where you live and what people you interact with . This isn't as deadly as first feared. You making your decision not to play seems very sensible with contact with your mom and in laws.
Not as deadly but more deadly than the flu and much more contagious/risky given the % of asymptomatic cases and Ro #. As you said to each their own though.

Klobberer

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a buddy in St Joe Missouri who has been playing a 1-table live game non-stop.
He is a grocery store manager and comes in contact with hundreds/thousands of different people every day so he didn't feel 9 other people would change his situation any.
I have been invited to 1 table games recently and I agree it does feel weird.
I expect our county to lift the >10 people gathering ban April 30, so technically we could play again. I don't know at what point I will feel comfortable scheduling one - even though I can.
Might not change his situation, but his situation might really change the other 9 guy's situations, or their children's or their grandparents or their co-workers...

bsdunbar1

Full House
Reaction score
Might not change his situation, but his situation might really change the other 9 guy's situations, or their children's or their grandparents or their co-workers...

I don't know any of them, I have no way of knowing if any of them have kids, grandparents, or co-workers.

Top Bottom