I just got a new chip cabinet (1 Viewer)

XBobdog

Flush
Reaction score
I have a bit of a thing for furniture. I am building a chip cabinet (will post about that soon) but I found this piece and bought it. This may be my future chip cabinet.
IMG_1265.jpg

Thanks. I love it. It's an old oak chemistry cabinet, that was converted into a card catalog. The biggest problem is that the nice wide drawers are cut by a divider that is rabbited into the frame of the drawer. Can't be easily removed.

This will sit for a while. I am focused elsewhere on woodworking projects.

I'm going to guess closer to 5'.

Yes it's 5 feet tall. 4 1/2 feet wide.

Not sure how old it is. It's not ancient.

It has a Kewaunee Mfg Co stamp. Kewaunee Wisconsin.

That company still exists. It was founded in 1906. I would guess the age of this at 60-70 years.

Gorgeous piece!

R.I.P. Dewey Decimal System.

how much can the drawers hold ?

You can fit 8 racks in chip boxes (plastic boxes) per drawer. The dimensions are a little funky, as you can only fit 2 standard racks per drawer, with a lot of excess space. It would be nicer to build trays that fit 4 racks to a drawer without stacking. That would be 19600 chips just in the top.

That might break the floor. and the bank... Perhaps this wasn't the best idea I've ever had.

Rob Brandy from Chiptalk had a cabinet subdivided something like this where his regular players had a cubbie and a key.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom