I hope you're all happy (1 Viewer)

larch

Pair
Reaction score
*sigh*

I thought I'd just look into getting some "cheap" custom poker chips for my home game after getting a new business logo that seemed like it'd fit well on a chip...

Cue finding ChipLab, ordering samples, researching reviews of ChipLab, finding @Chris Manzoni, watching his other videos, drooling over the Aurora Star tourney chips, finding PCF, reconsidering Classic Poker Chips custom chips (did this yeeeaaarrrsss ago), deciding to change up my tourney style using Chris' T20K structure to use less chips so I can afford custom CPCs, finally figuring out what all the hullabaloo over the Aurora Star sets was, wishing I was a millionaire and could buy said sets, taking all the advice here and ordering so many sample sets, finding Majestic CCs and really liking them for the price point, deciding to buy a 20 person T20K set of those to hold me over until I can save up for custom CPCs, and getting super excited to try out my new tourney style tomorrow as I become re-obsessed with poker again!

Thanks all! lol

You're welcome!

Do yourself a favor and save your money for the custom CPC set that will make you happy. Don't settle or compromise when it comes to your customs.

Yeah, that's the overall feeling I got from lurking around here (and honestly is what I truly want to do anyways). It's just a matter of how many chips to get...

My current plan is to get a 20-30 person T20K Majestic CC set to run my (largest possible) tourneys with, and then likely a smaller CPC set to save on some moolah that would be able to work with a single 10 player table.

Save up for the CPC set. Trust me. You'll be lucky to get your money back and will likely lose money on the china clays when all is said and done. I spent over $300 putting together my Majestics cash set when I first joined here and sold them to one of my friends for $250, but I also included a $90 Versa case with them. Net loss of $140.

As in, don't get the Majestics at all? If I'm saving up for the CPCs right now I'm not going to be running the a T20K tourney for quite some time, not to mention the wait time on them :cry:

Welcome to PCF! CPC’s are totally worth saving up for, taking your time and getting done right. Good luck.

As in, don't get the Majestics at all? If I'm saving up for the CPCs right now I'm not going to be running the a T20K tourney for quite some time, not to mention the wait time on them :cry:
I'm probably going to have peanuts thrown at me from the gallery for this, but use dice chips while you're designing your CPC's and waiting for them to be made. Don't even waste your time and money on the china clays. I'm here and the folks at the custom chip subforum are here if you have ideas you want to bounce off others.

Also, retain the services of a designer now and get on their waitlists. Even as is right now, the most used graphic designers here have a months long waitlist.

I'm probably going to have peanuts thrown at me from the gallery for this, but use dice chips while you're designing your CPC's and waiting for them to be made. Don't even waste your time and money on the china clays. I'm here and the folks at the custom chip subforum are here if you have ideas you want to bounce off others.

Also, retain the services of a designer now and get on their waitlists. Even as is right now, the most used graphic designers here have a months long waitlist.

I'm not sure I can bring myself to continue using dice chips, I've wanted to upgrade to something better for so long that I can't take it anymore now that I know what's out there. Also, I thought I'm supposed to own multiple sets of chips? ;)

I do like the look and possibility of doing custom labels on cards mold chips, but haven't researched those a ton and they don't seem readily available to buy either, are they?

I've got a good friend who is a graphic designer, and can handle basic design work and file manipulation myself. How much do good chip-specific designers run, and is it worth the cost (in my specific situation)?

I saw that same YouTube video by @Chris Manzoni when I was searching for chips and tournament structure. I was like, wow those chips look amazing.....

All kidding aside, a custom set or even a relabel project will take 6 months to a year to complete. If you can't stand Dice chips for a year, buy something you can at least get some of your money back down the road. I don't know how well Majestics hold up in value.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom