I hate speed surveillance cameras / possible ticket coming in (3 Viewers)

Then when the limits start increasing again, you dare not speed up until you actually reach the sign with the higher limit, not when it comes into view.

This is the law in Finland too. Pedal to the metal AFTER the sign, not before.

I'm just TapaTalking

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Wait, what? They camouflage the b@st@rds? In the UK, speed cameras are usually visible and are usually painted bright orange/yellow. There are also usually signs warning of a speed trap area, such as roadworks etc. Any police officer using a handheld speed meter also has to be visible - he can't just jump out from behind a hedge! They still catch plenty of people though!

Yepp, they do it here. I tried to find a proper picture from the webz, but could not find any (I guess they are camouflaged),
but below you can see the greenish color they paint now both the cameras and the poles.

kamera.jpg

Luckily there a signs that tells us drivers, that cameras will be ahead. See below:

large-Kameravalvonta.jpgpoliisivalvonta.jpg

Oh, and dennis, thanks for your posts and input. Good info.

- - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Oh, and dennis, thanks for your posts and input. Good info.

Thanks, Puggy.

I really do think there should be laws regulating enforcement -- limiting tickets to the top 5 or 10 percent of speeds surveyed, etc. It would end the "tickets are revenue" attitudes of many city governments, and free up the police to investigate crime.

But tickets ARE revenue. Toronto just put out a big "we're losing money" report because ticket revenue was down something like 25% in 2013 from 2012. First thing from the politicians is, "we need to make up that money somewhere."

I agree that Police should be freed up from being tax collectors and, as a non-speeder, photo radar (as it is termed here) is irrelevant to me as anything other than a libertarian talking point. I despise red-light cameras because the lens ONLY focuses on a "line in the pavement", rather than the traffic conditions at the time, but that is another issue.

Personally, if a local jurisdiction is going to go with electronic speed monitoring, why would they bother WARNING people? Just let it be known through the media that it goes into effect on "x" date, and then start tagging plates. It is meant to be a revenue generator, so why shoot yourselves in the foot. I like the idea of warning letters, as well as having the system log the speeds recorded and tagging the top "x"% of drivers. That said, you know that munis are going to slowly increase that percentage in order to maximize the flow of $$$.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom