I Got Interviewed for the Top Pair Podcast! (1 Viewer)

I used to listen to this podcast almost religiously when Bruce and Eric were the hosts. I kind of dropped off when Eric left, but this sounds like a good time to give it another shot.

I used to listen to this podcast almost religiously when Bruce and Eric were the hosts. I kind of dropped off when Eric left, but this sounds like a good time to give it another shot.

Oh yeah, Robbie is a great host, and of course you know Bruce already.

Brings me back to the 2+2 days.

Jim, nice interview! I was disappointed in the host's analysis at 48:05, where he describes a recent Drawmaha hand from "just this last week" where he had a set of threes in his hand for Draw and the case three hits the board. He thinks he made quads in Omaha and says: "I killed that". Dude, you only get to play two cards in Ohama--you only have a set of threes. I have to call BS on the host's so-called Drawmaha experience with his description of that example hand. *shrug*

Jim, nice interview! I was disappointed in the host's analysis at 48:05, where he describes a recent Drawmaha hand from "just this last week" where he had a set of threes in his hand for Draw and the case three hits the board. He thinks he made quads in Omaha and says: "I killed that". Dude, you only get to play two cards in Ohama--you only have a set of threes. I have to call BS on the host's so-called Drawmaha experience with his description of that example hand. *shrug*

Thank you!

I actually mentioned this to Bruce after I listened to the show. He thinks his recollection was just off about two hands where he hit quads: one was trip 3s in the hole and a 3 on board in Scrotum, and the other was a Dramaha hand where he had two 10s in the hole and two 10s on board.

I'm not biting until I can purchase a book with SCROTUM: THEORY & PRACTICE in big fucking bold letters on the front! I can't wait to see the cashiers face!

By the way, listening to this podcast, before the interview the hosts were talking about the game Scrotum. I have a theory as to how the game got its name.

By playing more than 2 cards, it's possible to disguise the best possible hand. Quads is always possible. In other words, you can conceal the nuts. Scrotum.

Great podcast. This is in my queue now and some of the back catalogue too. @Jimulacrum I now have your books in my amazon cart to buy as soon as I finish a small stack of other books. Hopefully your Dramaha book will help me understand the sly moves I experienced @krafticus doing such as a raising preflop and then drawing five. o_O He scooped that pot BTW.

Great podcast. This is in my queue now and some of the back catalogue too. @Jimulacrum I now have your books in my amazon cart to buy as soon as I finish a small stack of other books. Hopefully your Dramaha book will help me understand the sly moves I experienced @krafticus doing such as a raising preflop and then drawing five. o_O He scooped that pot BTW.
Level 5 play there sir

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom