I found tubes that fit 43mm chips perfectly (1 Viewer)

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Not my auction, but I bought a pair.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231967074503?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
These tubes hold fit 35 chips perfectly. The cap is so tall, you can actually fit two full barrels, if you used an elastic to keep the top on.
The tube is pretty flimsy plastic (they are designed to hold coins already in protective coin holders) so they won't offer your chips much protection, but they will keep them all in one place.

Storage tubes for H model coin capsule holders
s-l16010.jpg

I actually ordered samples from Cleartec Packaging. I have not followed up with them because I wasn't happy with how thin they were, but you can get whatever length and diameter you want. I was disappointed that they didn't send the correct size to try the 44mm chips in.

Free Samples if you want to check it out...
http://www.cleartecpackaging.com/

Yup, they're thin. I think I'll probably end up making a chip case with that customizable foam, and these tubes would be very comfy surrounded by foam.

Has anyone tried the "I" model for 46mm chips?

I have been thinking and struggling with the problem of storing 43mm and 39mm chips in the same case so went looking for a solution as well. Chip tubes is an idea I am currently exploring.

I went to Tap Plastics and bought some 2" OD acrylic tube and basic ends to prototype. It works fine for 43mm but is a little big for 39mm. The next size they had smaller was too small for 39mm.

Here are photos of my prototype. The first photo is 6.5" and is holding 50 43mm Cleveland Horseshoe $1k and $5k chips. The second photo has that same tube with the cap on as well as a 13" tube holding 100 39mm Cleveland Horseshoe $25 chips.

I am not exactly happy with the caps but the idea is solid. The caps are difficult to install and remove. I could come up with a rack or case where the tube would not need a top cap because of the placement. I'll keep thinking and working. I would need to clean these up a bit. I cut the first one so that 50 chips would fit and 51 would be too much and go above the top lip. The cost of caps and 6' of tube was over $30 for about 500 chips of storage capacity. I would still need a box or case to carry these around if needed. The part I like best is I could customize the length for specific tourney starting stack chip counts if I wanted so I could bring a tourney in a box and be setup very quickly. I could hand the player a tube of chips upon buying in if I wanted.

i-dNDhJBf.jpg
i-Vh2SJJW.jpg

I may need to investigate a similar alternative -- I ordered a heads-up set using 43mm chips and octagons, but I don't think buying racks is a viable solution.

Test 2: try putting the tube into a bird cage so that 43mm chips can be transported with 39mm chips.

Works but it rolls inside and is unsatisfying. Maybe if it was in a holder that prevented it from rolling. It does stay there, however.

i-HX6ww4C.jpg

i-rvDFRkc.jpg

I haven't had a lot of time to work on my general problem of storing and carrying 39mm and 43mm chips in the same container. I thought about the chip tube and posted a photo here in this thread. I tried putting some high density foam to keep it from rattling and it was successful but not satisfying. Here are the photos of that.
i-gbcVF9S.jpg

i-P7Mp8SL.jpg

So I decided to try another approach, continued in the next post.

I wanted a chip rack that would sit on top of the 39mm rack and hold 43mm chips. The commercially available ones are too wide but they hold 100 x 43mm chips. I decided to make one that fit. Given the limitations of the 39mm racks it would hold 80 x 43mm chips rather than 100 but should stack nicely.

Here are photos of my prototype in acrylic.

i-68GhVjH.jpg

i-JSKWB6t.jpg

i-VSvq6vD.jpg

It works fine as the top rack but I will need to move the chips to the edge to allow a 39mm rack to sit on top of it without sliding left and right.

It will likely be another month but I'll post my attempt here and eventually DIY instructions if you want to make one as well.

I guess the tubes work, but they don't look that great :(

Long story short. I made a better rack for 43mm chips. I'll post the story with photos and hopefully how you can get one next week (maybe). Gotta get back to work now. Blinds are on me. ;-)

Long story short. I made a better rack for 43mm chips. I'll post the story with photos and hopefully how you can get one next week (maybe). Gotta get back to work now. Blinds are on me. ;-)

Looking forward to this!. I have ordered three different types of racks for the 43mm Boardwalk chips and wil do the same in another thread

What about a 4 barrel wood rack that fits inside a birdcage?

Any for sale at a reasonable price? Doesn't have to be wood...does anyone know of the acrylic version that has been tested? Pics?

If either one of you guys can produce those trays in quantity, get going in it. With all the big horseshoe chips, the bwalk chips, and now the iron bank, there is plenty of demand.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom