Not Mine I don't understand how this chip is made

upNdown

Straight Flush
Reaction score
What exactly are we looking at here. It looks like a clay chip with a shaped inlay, but what is the zipper looking thing around the outside of the inlay? Or is that part of the inlay? But it can't be.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jackpot-Ca...830613?hash=item56d5f59b95:g:oSIAAOSw6eleSvTs

D6C53E8F-F0FF-4F7D-BC4E-CD063E56CDFE.png
D47DB0AE-4F8F-4BC1-9640-06683CAF6146.png

ThinkingFold

3 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one. It seems to be a regular chip that then had a hot stamped-esque foil stamped on the chip after the inlay was put in.

It's a pretty cool chip.

GenghisKhan

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cancellation stamp, maybe?
I would guess it’s a hotstamp.
I have one. It seems to be a regular chip that then had a hot stamped-esque foil stamped on the chip after the inlay was put in.

It's a pretty cool chip.

No. It's a zipper. :cautious:

Lol.

I seem to recall a post (Chip Board or CCGTCC site maybe) showing many styles of cancellation stamps. There's more than just the usual starburst-style. Can't load either site from my Samsung S10 though.

gmunny

3 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a nice chip, though the ebay listing is a higher then i would pay. At least on PCF member has a very nice set with various denoms.

Also, it's not a cancellation stamp and only the $25 has them. It may be an early attempt at security, but that's a pure guess by me. More likely decorative. Here is a pic of mine.

Top Bottom