I dont know how to use illustrator anyone have tips on how to do edgespots side views in PS? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I designed my own chips a long time ago, and i think i used math to calculate the edge spots. I have also downloaded the CUSTOM one for the ACES group buy. i will use that for some, but i have my own edge spots that i came up with, Since they all can be aligned its kinda important to get it right.

Any easy way to do this in photoshop?

I did these mock-ups of edgespots in an earlier thread. I took the flat chip design below and in Photoshop, tilted (skewed) and drew in the edgespots by hand.
If you need any help with this, PM me and I’ll do what I can.
E8A62EF7-B021-4E06-8045-0D6D9C72876A.png

49A39041-DBF2-4455-9DC5-6689C5D9BDB3.jpeg

I did these mock-ups of edgespots in an earlier thread. I took the flat chip design below and in Photoshop, tilted (skewed) and drew in the edgespots by hand.
If you need any help with this, PM me and I’ll do what I can.
View attachment 674263
View attachment 674264

Oh man, I forgot about this chip design I was working on! Might be time to take another crack at it.

Regarding OP question. I use Illustrator. I haven't calculated edgespots in a while, but I remember it involved annoying math. But there might be an easier way in Photoshop or Illustrator that I'm not aware of

Diameter of your chip x 3.14 gives you the area.

39mm = 122.5mm
43mm = 135mm

Math is for suckers, you can pretty easily divide your edge area into as many sections as spots and space them equally. Print out at 1:1 to test alignment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom