I dislike these people! (1 Viewer)

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
dck.jpg

Wife just sent this to me. I see this douchery a lot. Mostly at the back of the parking lot but not the first two spaces in the row. I told her to move that shopping cart and put it right next to the car. :D (she won't do it though)

That's why I always keep a cup of something in my vehicle. With so many kids I'm always an arms reach of some kind of juice. But if not I'll use the coffee I'm drinking.

I used to love guys like that back when I drove an old beater. I'd always park as close as I possibly could next to their driver's side door so they'd have to go in through the passenger side door. I now drive a slightly less beaten beater and still care about getting my car keyed so I had to stop. I do think, if they do this WAAY in the back of the parking lot, that it is perfectly fine.

Take care of your car in the way back of the parking lot fine. Anywhere else park as close to the driver door as possible.

Yep, I'll squeeze my rusty truck into there if I can. The only problem I see is that I'd block the other guy's door as well, but I'd get nice and close on the other side for sure jus to show him that his efforts to secure two spots are wasted. The other problem is that when he leaves, I look like the ass taking two spots.

if they do this WAAY in the back of the parking lot, that it is perfectly fine.
Take care of your car in the way back of the parking lot fine

I concur. Back of the lot where no one see the douchery. :)

I used to love guys like that back when I drove an old beater.
I'll squeeze my rusty truck into there if I can.

I used to do the same thing when I had my 84 Buick Regal with the corners of the doors rusting away. LOL :D

I'm always so conflicted when I see things like this; on one hand this is exactly the kind of "me first fuck everybody else" (if this is in the front of the lot, at the back of a lot where most people are to lazy to walk from is fine) attitude that I detest about this world. However, on the other hand, I drive cars that I want to keep nice, but I'm constantly under attack from the savages that share this driving world with me. As bad as it is to take up two spots and not want someone next to you, it's far worse and way more common that dipshits don't give a crap about the beater they are driving and think nothing of damaging a car next to them with their door, shopping carts, or whatever.

Cars are one of the things that "moves" me in this life, they ignite my passion. I choose to spend my disposable income on cars that are fun to drive, fun to work on, or fun to look at. I will never own an automatic car (if i can help it, I could get past the PDK in a GT3 and be just fine I think :) ), and I will always want to be the one driving. I prefer road trips to all other forms of transportation and if I am planning a flying trip I get real nervous if I can't rent a car as soon as I get to where I'm going. I'm passionate about cars, especially the ones I drive, and one door ding on a car makes my mind hurt. Seriously, I've been into cars and worked in the automotive industry since I was 18, I can spot a door ding from twenty five yards and it's all I can look at. I can't count the amount of times I've seen people with there doors resting on the cars next to theirs while they load groceries or their kids are bouncing in and out of the car all while that door is scratching/dinging the car next to theirs that might be owned by someone like me.

I don't think I've ever taken up two spots in a parking lot (post high school), but I do park as far back in the lots as I can. I don't mind walking and if it's raining it just gives me a chance to get closer to nature. Especially now, my wife and I both daily drive BMW's and I've heard the jokes all my life (yes, I do know the difference between a BMW and a porcupine. The porcupine carries it's pricks on the outside.). We fight hard against the stereotype. We try to not be the typical BMW driver everybody jokes about, but on the other hand I don't think there is anything wrong with me wanting to keep my car nice.

Seriously, pricks drive everything on the road, they are not make/model specific. Yeah, that guy in the BMW might be a prick, but he also might be a guy that likes driving one of the last makes of cars that is designed with a pleasurable driving experience and the driver in mind. There's a reason I searched for my car in a 6 speed and I can turn my traction control completely off if I want.

I will let you go first at a stop sign with a friendly wave, and I always do 3mph under the speed limit in residential neighborhoods, but if you door ding my car because you are a moron I will not take it very well. :p

I told her to move that shopping cart and put it right next to the car.

This is the other thing that gets me. In this picture I do see some possible jerkoff type things going on with the BMW for sure. If they wanted to protect their car there are many rows behind them, as a matter of fact the parking lot looks deserted in that pic, so parking normally but walking an extra fifty yards would have sufficed just fine.

But, to play devils advocate... In this one picture there are two shopping carts left by lazy fucks that couldn't be bothered to return them to the proper place. They were either to lazy, didn't care enough, or are trying to wrangle 5 dumb ass kids that won't listen to them as they unload groceries. The person taking up two spots is definitely in the wrong, but so are a good number of people who move through this life not caring how their laziness affects others. A strong wind could start those carts across the parking lot and into the side of my car, and the same person who doesn't care about that scenario is very likely the same person who doesn't care about them or their kids damaging the car next to theirs.

I also find it funny when people talk about their "beater" cars like they are a badge of honor or something. Sure, your older car that you couldn't care less about might mean that you just don't care what you drive and getting to point A to point B is enough for you...but it could also mean that you make horrible decisions in life and your only option is to drive a beater car; therefore everybody that drives a nice car is the enemy. I've seen that attitude plenty of times and it boggles me every time.

Seriously, pricks drive everything on the road, they are not make/model specific

True, but there are certainly some patterns between personalities and the cars they drive:

Buick - loose/passive. If you need to change lanes and know you're going to have to cut someone off, look for the Buick
Dodge - LAGs. Blue-collar hardworking types who will defend their lane at any cost.
Dodge Truck - hyper LAGS - will run you off the road just to see how big the splash is when your car hits the ditch
4-door Mercedes - tight/passive ABC OMC.
Cadillac - tight/passive ABC, probably OMC's uncle
2-door Mercedes - it's either the OMC's wife, or it's a Dodge Truck driver with cash
Hyundai - loose/weak. Want's to be cool, but just isn't. Always folds top 2 pair because he's afraid you've got a set
Honda/Toyota: ABC tourist. No discernible personality of any kind
Mazda: A Honda driver with hipster glasses
Nissan: A Toyota driver with a hoodie

True, but there are certainly some patterns between personalities and the cars they drive:

Buick - loose/passive. If you need to change lanes and know you're going to have to cut someone off, look for the Buick
Dodge - LAGs. Blue-collar hardworking types who will defend their lane at any cost.
Dodge Truck - hyper LAGS - will run you off the road just to see how big the splash is when your car hits the ditch
4-door Mercedes - tight/passive ABC OMC.
Cadillac - tight/passive ABC, probably OMC's uncle
2-door Mercedes - it's either the OMC's wife, or it's a Dodge Truck driver with cash
Hyundai - loose/weak. Want's to be cool, but just isn't. Always folds top 2 pair because he's afraid you've got a set
Honda/Toyota: ABC tourist. No discernible personality of any kind
Mazda: A Honda driver with hipster glasses
Nissan: A Toyota driver with a hoodie

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Trev, that's hilarious but you owe us Ford and Chevy and possibly Suburu and Lexus. [emoji2]

all good, but i lost it at this one, especially the alternative definition. awesome.

to add to courage's list for further requests: bimmers and lincolns, plz.

If the person is in the back of the parking lot or the there simply aren't very many people in the parking lot this is totally fine with me. The front of the lot or at a very busy store...no go.

I agree with 12thMan. I love cars and love taking care of them. I love taking my car out after I buff out the paint and it is shining brighter than brand new. I am involved with a local car club and also on an auto detailing forum. It's great getting together with these guys and drooling over all of our cars. A simple door ding takes a lot of that fun away.

I detail cars on the side and specialize in exteriors. A simple door ding is usually something I can't take care of because it usually needs to be painted. For a reputable shop this would cost $500+. Most people have a deductible of $500 for their insurance. So because of someone else being too lazy or just plain ignorant and disrespectful of other people, I have to shell out $500 to keep my hard earned investment in good condition. Not to mention now there is a record on carfax of damage and a little more of the resale value. If it is something I can take care of I would still charge up to $200 depending on how much work needs to be done and so would most reputable detailers. Either way you are out $$$ because someone else can't be bothered to be careful.

While the driver of the BMW in the OP certainly parked like a douchbag, I really wouldn't give a crap, if THAT'S how many other cars are in the parking lot!!!! Seriously? There are no cars there -- what's the big deal? I mean, I would NEVER take two spots like that. But if this is how crowded the parking lot was, I wouldn't even bother to notice if someone else had. Crowded parking lot and I have a hard time finding a spot -- yeah, I would be pissed. But in THIS photo? I couldn't care less.

View attachment 10104

Wife just sent this to me. I see this douchery a lot. Mostly at the back of the parking lot but not the first two spaces in the row. I told her to move that shopping cart and put it right next to the car. :D (she won't do it though)

Fuck this guy. I don't give a shit how cool the owner thinks his car is. Take that to the back parking lot or deal with the people he thinks he's better than.

While the driver of the BMW in the OP certainly parked like a douchbag, I really wouldn't give a crap, if THAT'S how many other cars are in the parking lot!!!! Seriously? There are no cars there -- what's the big deal? I mean, I would NEVER take two spots like that. But if this is how crowded the parking lot was, I wouldn't even bother to notice if someone else had. Crowded parking lot and I have a hard time finding a spot -- yeah, I would be pissed. But in THIS photo? I couldn't care less.

Yeah, that's sorta how I saw it too. Normally a douche move, but unless that lot is going to suddenly fill up with other cars, IRDGAS.

Ring of carts is awesome.

Fuck this guy. I don't give a shit how cool the owner thinks his car is. Take that to the back parking lot or deal with the people he thinks he's better than.

I don't know for sure the reason they are parked like that is because they think they are better than everybody else, but I do think that this line of thinking is warranted in this case. I may agree with the person about not wanting a door ding, but you have to pay for that kind of piece of mind by parking in the back of the lot and walking farther. In this particular case if they were to park two rows behind where they are parked they could have parked normally but still be able to keep the side of their car dent free. Upon further review this is just typical BMW driver behavior. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom