I am Officially Retired....from Purchasing Poker Chips (I think) (1 Viewer)

How long until Kevin comes out of chip buying retirement?

• Never, the fool is retired for good.

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • More than 1 year

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • 9 months to a year

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • 6 to 9 months

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • 3 to 6 months

Votes: 18 22.8%
  • 1 to 3 months

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • 2 to 4 weeks

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • 1 to 2 weeks

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Less than 1 week because he is weak!

Votes: 11 13.9%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I thought this day would never come, but I seriously think I am done purchasing poker chips.

The RPC fracs I purchased were the last chips I needed/wanted, so short of reasonably priced TRK Rounders or Deadwoods showing up, which will never happen, there's nothing I long for.

I know some people have pulled back because of high prices, but I just find myself with minimal interest in new chips. I have seen others mention being done, and I always thought, "F that, buying chips ROCKS!!"

I guess this has been coming for awhile now, but I just didn't want to recognize it. I used to love buying entire sets so I could rotate a new set into play each week. But my game has pulled back to once or twice a month, and I find myself just reaching for the same couple of sets every time.

Also, one of my greatest joys used to be pulling out my sets on weekends, having a few drinks, and stacking and photographing them. Now I cringe at the thought of having to put them back after pulling them out, so most of them just sit there unfondled.

Anyway, that's a long way of saying that my drunken days of bidding in auctions and buying chips I have no idea what to do with are over....I think.

That does NOT mean I plan to sell, so please don't PM me. It just means my purchasing days are over, which sounds sad when I say it out loud, but damn my bank account is going to love me...LOL!!

There I said it, so it's official....I think. :)

Yeah OK.gif

“Also, one of my greatest joys used to be pulling out my sets on weekends, having a few drinks, and stacking and photographing them. Now I cringe at the thought of having to put them back after pulling them out, so most of them just sit there unfondled.”

Hahaha right!!!

I thought this day would never come, but I seriously think I am done purchasing poker chips. ...................................................................... There I said it, so it's official....I think. :)

Don't know how many times a day I say that to myself........ :unsure:

Thankfully none of the new RHC offerings are attractive & $10+/chips aaren't attractive either. So I've been able to abstain mostly..... but something will always drag me back in again. :cautious:

It just means my purchasing days are over, which sounds sad when I say it out loud, but damn my bank account is going to love me...LOL!!
That just means you now have more to spend on traveling during the NFL season to take in home games of your favorite team.

Watching Raiders games in Vegas? #Winning

You do have some absolute GOAT sets that anyone would be happy to say enough is enough and retire with, but no I don’t see it.

There’s always gonna be that new sale/group buy/obscure discovery that one just HAS to have. Good luck though ;)

I don’t think I can recall a time someone made a post like this and didn’t relapse.

We taking odds on when? I say 2 months
Taking odds now. If I relapse, there will be some type of giveaway for the peeps that correctly guessed the timeframe. Place your guess by taking the poll I jist added.

Here's the kicker. The farther out the relapse the large the giveaway prize will be. :)

Taking odds now. If I relapse, there will be some type of giveaway for the peeps that correctly guessed the timeframe. Place your guess by taking the poll I jist added.

Here's the kicker. The farther out the relapse the large the giveaway prize will be. :)
Well crap. I can't see names for who is voting, just the vote results. Any thoughts on whether or not viewing the names is possible?

Well crap. I can't see names for who is voting, just the vote results. Any thoughts on whether or not viewing the names is possible?
Never mind, here's what I will do. If I feel the urge to relapse, I will lock the poll and ask peeps to send me a screenshot (see below) of their vote if they are the voters that are within the relapse timeframe. I will then hold a random draw for the giveaway. Until then...vote away :)

Screen Shot 2022-06-03 at 9.47.31 AM.png

I hit my zenith maybe 3 years ago. No regrets. I only do customs now, but still maybe won’t pull the trigger on two sets I’ve done art for.

Actually the market makes harvesting 5s a no brainer over fighting for them since this site changed. Maybe the only thing I get is a harvested live set. I can just sell them back anytime. I have a clear target in Vegas for the chip convention. Will be after good 5s and 25s

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom