I am just curious about the required 10 posts before you can post in classifieds.

statoncj

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I am curious as to why this exists? I don't want to make up nonsense posts just to get to 10 (and I know that is not allowed) but I am wonder what type of behavior caused this restriction to be added?

Please excuse me if I tripped a sensitive wire.

V/R
CJ

JMC9389

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess is one too many cases of new members here flaking out on sales as a buyer one way or another or ripping off or outright scamming established, respected members here as a seller.

justincarothers

Full House
Reaction score
I am curious as to why this exists? I don't want to make up nonsense posts just to get to 10 (and I know that is not allowed) but I am wonder what type of behavior caused this restriction to be added?

V/R
CJ
You only need two more and you are good to go

markleteenie

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score

V/R
CJ
I think of it as a rudimentary litmus test, and other people can at least see some of your posts before you sell or buy something. It's not much to go on, but it's better than nothing.

ReallyGoodUsername

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also heard it helps if you can identity a “group buy” from a group of people buying things.

If you discover the difference let me know, for a friend :bag:

Coyote

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just sold a set of chips for cheap to a guy having been registered here for more than two weeks, with 0 posts.
I named him, though, on my "for sale" thread, so he cannot (easily) flip over the chips here.
He can sure do that anyway on eBay, to clueless people.

I 'm not the world's Justice Police; I didn't need that set anymore, and no other member here gave me my (anyway very low) price.
The "poor" chips won't suffer anyway; they have no soul. My only piece of sadness upon parting with them was about the effort I had put to bringing them together, and about a certain compassion for my wallet, having been fleeced as an unsuspecting newbie on some of them, a year and a half ago.

I think it also reinforces the fact that this is a forum for enthusiasts that happens to have a classified section, rather than an online classifieds site that happens to have a forum for enthusiasts.
A truckload of people here see it just the other way round.:(

pltrgyst

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Undue Perversity -- one of the great word plays in education.

BirdCage

Straight
Reaction score
I am curious as to why this exists?
Well, from my experience on other forums, it prevents random nonsense ads and links from bots and/or nefarious humans. In fact, I can't remember seeing one spam ad yet on this forum. I suppose it gives new users at least a few moments to compose themselves as well.

Welcome to the forum.

12thMan

Full House
Reaction score
There are 10 types of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Thats a good one. Off topic but another I like is “there are two types of people in this world, those that can extrapolate from incomplete data.”

Can't see that on the phone, but now that you say that, it makes your last post that much more funny.

Turn your phone sideways. :D Someone told me that a while ago and it blew my mind.

Kimbap

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I'm also curious about what "posts" are. Do the posts include replies to threads or do I need to post a new thread to have it be considered a post? Sorry for the stupid question, I'm a newbie

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Reaction score
I'm also curious about what "posts" are. Do the posts include replies to threads or do I need to post a new thread to have it be considered a post? Sorry for the stupid question, I'm a newbie

Any message, thread, or reply.

Top Bottom