I’m a Dad!! (1 Viewer)

hdgeno

Full House
Reaction score
Well it has happened, my wife and I welcomed our little man to the world on Saturday at 6:56pm! I know many of you said this in my prequel thread, but I still wasn’t prepared for the rush of feelings when he arrived. It took about 0.5 seconds for us to be crazy in love with him! The feeling of cutting the cord and then having him in my arms was something I’ve just never felt before.

The last week has been pretty crazy, as his due date was August 23. My wife felt like something wasn’t quite right, but thought she was over reacting. I encouraged her to go in no matter what, for peace of mind if nothing else. Something was no quite right, so she had an ultrasound scheduled for Thursday in Grande Prairie (5 hours from home). They ended up keeping her overnight, and then eventually flew her to Edmonton (8 hours from home) Friday evening. I caught a ride to GP to get the car she left there and got to Edmonton at lunch Saturday. Once there Leona told me right away that they were going to do a c section to get him out.

I’m not the biggest fan of technology, but the medical field amazes me. If it wasn’t for all that tech my little boy would have been stillborn. The staff there was amazing and to a person all did their jobs so well. Our baby struggled a little the first day, ending up in the NICU for the day on Sunday. His blood sugar was very low, but once they got it up his body was finally able to maintain it. From then on he’s been do very well.

He’s been a real trooper from the get go, and is the cutest little guy in the world. Fatherhood has been so much fun so far, and now that we are on our way home it’s just gonna get better.

Pics or it didn't happen! :D

Congrats, and blessings on you, your wife, and your little man!

Congrats! Sorry to hear about the complications with his arrival but sounds like mom and little man are good to go which is all that matters. Enjoy it!!!

Congrats, Geno. There is nothing like that feeling. It is incredible. Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

Congratulations! I hope your wee fsmiky is doing well! Enjoy this special time together!

congrats to you and your wife Geno, glad to hear both are well, so what's his name

Yes, mom and baby Blake are doing great. So much relief for me to know that all is going well.

I would love to post pics of the little man, but my wife and I aren’t going to post any online (including none on Facebook). Maybe we are just too old fashioned, just aren’t comfortable with posting them. I’m sorry, as a proud dad I’d love to show him off!

Congrats on the new little chipper! Pics with a name, please.....when you get a chance, of course. Lots of new things to learn!

Geno, congrats on the new arrival. Very glad that the doctors were able to help your wife and boy out. As amazing as that feeling is now, it only gets better!!!

I would love to post pics of the little man, but my wife and I aren’t going to post any online (including none on Facebook). Maybe we are just too old fashioned, just aren’t comfortable with posting them. I’m sorry, as a proud dad I’d love to show him off!
Not for everyone but I’m going to do the same and my sister who has two children is already. Nothing wrong with posting them but I’d like my kids to be the ones who decide what pictures of them get put online and what doesn’t including when they’re too young to decide for themselves.

Either way congrats.

Yes, mom and baby Blake are doing great. So much relief for me to know that all is going well.

Congratulations!!!
Glad to hear mom and baby (and you) are all doing well. Our little girl was 5 weeks early and thankfully she and my wife are both fine.

We don’t post pics of our kids either. Too much craziness in this world.

Congrats again and enjoy the ride!

Congrats! Glad everyone is doing well.

Enjoy every minute!

Glad to hear all is well and as I stated in the other thread once you saw him it is love at first site there is nothing better.

Congrats, Geno! Another adventure that makes chipping pale by comparison.

But I expect he'll have a mobile made of poker chips hanging over him in no time...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom