Hybrid chip design (1 Viewer)

Ellasdaddy

Flush
Reaction score
Had to share this label and set mockup that @p5woody has helped me create because I love it so much. He's just fantastic to collaborate with.

I had the label theme idea lingering in mind for a long while (a few of you might recall this. Also, see my avatar), but only mentioned it to Steve after I wasn't feeling excited about my original vision for a relabel design as a tribute to Atlantic City after the last big GB died...

Once I mentioned the idea to him and sent him a few images I had saved awhile back, he really helped clarify things and only yesterday mocked up a tourney set idea for potential BJ style hybrids. That mockup is the last image below and I love everything about them, especially the T1000. The Down n' Out labels are the flip side to America's Favorite Playground.

I can't wait to get these printed and produced in the next few months! And I can't thank @p5woody enough either!

dealer2.png
dealer3.png
high hand.png
arebuy1.png
all.png
43mm chips2.png

Awesome!! Really cool and fun set.

Just some observations:
1. The T1000 has the only inlay that doesn't have a color-matched element, if that matters to ya.

2. The T1000 has a more elaborate spot pattern than the T5000, if that matters to ya.

Again great job on these man.

The T1000 has the only inlay that doesn't have a color-matched element, if that matters to ya.
Add some gold coins to the money pile?

The T1000 has a more elaborate spot pattern than the T5000, if that matters to ya.
I'd probably move the 5000 pattern to the 500 spot, and move the other two up (500 to 1000, 1000 to 5000).

Just some observations:
1. The T1000 has the only inlay that doesn't have a color-matched element, if that matters to ya.

2. The T1000 has a more elaborate spot pattern than the T5000, if that matters to ya.

Add some gold coins to the money pile?

I'd probably move the 5000 pattern to the 500 spot, and move the other two up (500 to 1000, 1000 to 5000).

Thank you for the observations. I don't have any issue with the spot pattern as is. I like the 1000 standing out a bit more because yellow chips can be so bland. It looks like a party instead. The progression doesn't strike me in any particular way here.

As for the notes on the color matched element, I noticed it but felt like it was justified in making the 1000 even more unique. But man, I do really like the idea of adding gold coins to the money pile on it now. I think that will be the last tweak!

Reactions: 72o
Also, a couple of my single photos don't reflect the change made to the black font. Those are older images.

The final listed set images are indicative of the near final/final drafts.

My plans fell through during a very rough period but I do want to get these made in the next year or so. Getting my hands on a cash set of BWs also decreased my urgency in putting these into production.

I'd like to have this made as a traveling set since my family and friends just love tourneys.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom