Wanted Humboldt Poker Tour sample set, please. hot stamp's too! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdfoto

Pair
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I've seen a couple of sample sets previously sold here, but cant seem to find much else about them. I (think I) like the mold and colors, and would like to purchase a sample if possible to see for myself.

From what I understand they are BBC's, and hoping they were some sort of fantasy set with some around.

I'm interested in HS sample sets too.

They are custom CPCs made by @DMZ

Color info is below fyi.... @DMZ had posted the info in a past thread...

downloadfile.png

1605903126792-1084328425.jpg

I can't really claim much credit here, it was a bunch of PCFers with input and p5woody on the inlay design. It's my custom tourney set and glad there's folks out there who enjoy the design.

They are custom CPCs made by @DMZ

Color info is below fyi.... @DMZ had posted the info in a past thread...

View attachment 606330
View attachment 606329

I was able to find two threads. I believe the one you might be referring to is a charity thread where I saw DMZ’s cpc set, I also saw an old for sale thread selling a sample set of the BCC’s. I can’t seem to find any other info though.. maybe I’m not using the search function correctly, but there is not much on google either.

Eloe2000 has it right, they are indeed CPCs and the only set of these are mine that I know of. The info on the colors in his post look correct, if you wanted to remake something similar.

I can't really claim much credit here, it was a bunch of PCFers with input and p5woody on the inlay design. It's my custom tourney set and glad there's folks out there who enjoy the design.
Ahhh, so there were never any BCC’s made? They really are sweet chips, kudo’s to the collective who created them.

I've seen a couple of sample sets previously sold here, but cant seem to find much else about them. I (think I) like the mold and colors, and would like to purchase a sample if possible to see for myself.

From what I understand they are BBC's, and hoping they were some sort of fantasy set with some around.

I'm interested in HS sample sets too.

Careful about asking for BBCs on an internet forum. Just saying.

Eloe2000 has it right, they are indeed CPCs and the only set of these are mine that I know of. The info on the colors in his post look correct, if you wanted to remake something similar.
Thank you for the information. I have not been here too long, and not sure how I feel about CPC's as a solution for my needs, but that is good to know, and thank you for sharing the design should I ever decide on that route. One thing that stands out is the difference in color from the custom design tool layout and the actual chips. I completely understand there are variations in color between monitors, ect. Just illustrates the absolute need to reference a color sample set before placing any order. These chips are absolutely killer in my opinion, you guys nailed it.

Thank you for the information. I have not been here too long, and not sure how I feel about CPC's as a solution for my needs, but that is good to know, and thank you for sharing the design should I ever decide on that route. One thing that stands out is the difference in color from the custom design tool layout and the actual chips. I completely understand there are variations in color between monitors, ect. Just illustrates the absolute need to reference a color sample set before placing any order. These chips are absolutely killer in my opinion, you guys nailed it.
Just to be clear, you can use the same spot colors and design if you wish, but the inlay design you'll need to figure out. Of course, part of the fun of customs is coming up with your own unique spot progression and overall design; starting a post on that is a great way to get feedback. Luckily, there are also a few artists on pcf that would likely be willing to help you with the inlay design for a reasonable fee. I wish you luck on your journey if you go that route.

In general CPC had a slightly more classic or muted color palate than Paulsons or some BCC chips if that is what you are referring too. The CPC manufacturing is very good and consistent. CPC is the only retail available custom compression molded clay chip maker in the world. But if you want to go that route you would definitely be advised to order one of the color sample chip sets that they sell.

What other members do here who want brighter colors but custom inlays is to cut out the inlay of Paulsons etc and replace them with custom inlay labels.

In general CPC had a slightly more classic or muted color palate than Paulsons or some BCC chips if that is what you are referring too. The CPC manufacturing is very good and consistent. CPC is the only retail available custom compression molded clay chip maker in the world. But if you want to go that route you would definitely be advised to order one of the color sample chip sets that they sell.

What other members do here who want brighter colors but custom inlays is to cut out the inlay of Paulsons etc and replace them with custom inlay labels.
Hi Eloe2000,

This is good to know, thank you. Color wise, I had heard Paulsons and BCC were brighter, but was not able to "understand" what it really meant. I still have no clue, but seems a lot more interesting as I enjoy that muted effect. It was very enlightening to see the variation in color between the generator and reality.

For me(right now), the most likely route will be a 2nd hand set

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom